Grizzly G0803 9" Benchtop Bandsaw

Status
Not open for further replies.

KenOfCary

Ken
Staff member
Corporate Member
I have one. It works well within its limitations. You're not going to re-saw with it or do very thick wood. I'd compare it with the Rikon 10" which is larger and will handle a lot more, but is more expensive. You makes your choice.

It is one of 3 band saws that I have. One large one for re-sawing and a mid-size 14" for general purpose use and this one for small quick jobs.

I wouldn't use much more than a 1/4" blade in it. I think I have a 1/8" in mine now.

Let me know if you have any specific questions.

awldune

Sam
User
I own the 10'' Rikon, which is a great saw. The Grizzly has a couple of interesting features the Rikon does not: a quick release tension lever, and a geared trunion for angled cuts. No idea how great either of these features is in practice.

Highland Woodworking has the Rikon on sale for $229, FWIW.

old-delta

Wes
Senior User
I'm in the market again for a bandsaw. Opinions on brands? I had a 20" Jet a few years ago I got at a real steal on however I sold it. I wish I had kept it now as these saws are crazy expensive now. I probably wouldn't go any smaller than a 14" given the versatility. I've had experience with both Rikon and Jet. I had a 14" Delta I restored and sold. I would entertain getting another old Delta saw to restore. If anyone has a 14" saw they're considering letting go I'd be interested.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Premier Sponsor

Our Sponsors

LATEST FOR SALE LISTINGS