Grizzly combo jointer/planer

Status
Not open for further replies.

Skymaster

New User
Jack
Just Wondering if anyone either has experience with these or owns one. Pros, cons opinions etc. I am lookin at em and wondering. I am fast finding out now that I am using a bunch of ruff sawn from the mill my 6" Jet is starting to become a tad small :}:}
Jack

Skymaster

New User
Jack
ok Doug what has your experience been? I have Jet tools also and I was more wondering in general rather than a specific brand

Douglas Robinson

Doug Robinson
Corporate Member
It has been a great addition to my shop. It has about ther same capacity as a lunch box planer, but much more than a 6" joiner. Conversion is quick (30 seconds from one to the other. Well designed and solidly built. Bas has one too, and his has a shelix head (quieter and smoother than a straight blade).

Bas

Recovering tool addict
Bas
Corporate Member
I wrote a review, also posted on newtoolreview. For me, this is a terrific machine. The Grizzly is good too, some different pros and cons, but either one will be an improvement over your current 6" jointer.

scsmith42

New User
Scott Smith
I have the 16" Grizzly combo (made for Grizzly by Sheppach in Germany), and in general have been pleased with it. The quality is nice and it leaves a great finish, but IMO it is underpowered.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Premier Sponsor

Our Sponsors

LATEST FOR SALE LISTINGS