Grizzly Bandsaw

Status
Not open for further replies.

mocountryboy

New User
Jack
OK, how many has a Grizzly 14" band saw? Just acquired a brand new G0555LANV 14" deluxe Anniversary Edition bandsaw . Just need the yard to dry up so that I can get it to my workshop.

Attachments

• 51kQeM-nlrL._SL1000_.jpg
    51kQeM-nlrL._SL1000_.jpg
    60.6 KB · Views: 221

luckyGoose

New User
Yogi
Good choice and Congratulations!
I have the 0513Anv and have found it to be a fantastic machine. You might have to spend a little bit of time on initial calibration, but it's worth it.

golfdad

Co-director of Outreach
Dirk
Corporate Member
I have had my G0555 for about 6 yrs. Has always performed fabulously Jack. I have the Riser block on it. Toss the blade that comes with it and buy a good one

Bas

Recovering tool addict
Bas
Corporate Member
I have the G0555 for about 10 years. It's worked great. Still deciding on whether to get a riser block or keep it as-is and buy a second larger machine for resawing.

thrt15nc

New User
Tom
I've had my G0555 for about 13 years and I like it. I'd like a new one. I put the riser block on a couple of years after I got it. I've got a bad squeaky bearing, I think on the large blade wheel, but I'm still trying to talk myself into fixing it. Life gets in the way!!

Tom

KenOfCary

Ken
Staff member
Corporate Member
I have had a G0555P Polar Bear series for several years. I was thinking about selling it when I got the big MM16 Resaw Band Saw, but keep finding uses for the medium size Saw. I bought a 9" Grizzly thinking to use it for flat work and the big guy for re-saw, but can't seem to see a way to part with the 14" saw.

Now that I have room, I plan to keep all three. Each with a different blade so rarely have to change blades. 1/4" in the 9, 1/2" in the 14 and 1" in the MM16.

MikeH

New User
Mike
I've had my G0555 with a 6" riser block for several years now. Bought it from a man in Pinehurst that started having neurological problems and decided it would be best to not use power tools. He gave me a really good deal on it!

Melinapex

Mark
Corporate Member
GO513x2.... have had it for a couple years.... so far I like it a lot. Recently did some resawing that I would not have been able to do if I did not have it.

Bill Rhodus

New User
Bill
I've had my G0555 for about 13 years and I like it. I'd like a new one. I put the riser block on a couple of years after I got it. I've got a bad squeaky bearing, I think on the large blade wheel, but I'm still trying to talk myself into fixing it. Life gets in the way!!

Tom
Just replaced tbe bearings on my upper wheel with bearings bought from Amazon. 1 hr and no problems.

thrt15nc

New User
Tom
Thanks Bill. Sounds like a quick fix. I got bearings from Vxb. As soon as I finish a little end table I'm working on I'll get them changed.

Tom

Status
Not open for further replies.

Premier Sponsor

Our Sponsors