Greetings

Status
Not open for further replies.

ednl

ed
Senior User
Greetings to all the fine people on this forum -- and bravo-zulu to Steve Coles for his vision and the moderators for their execution. As a “guest” for a few months it quickly became apparent how helpful and friendly the folks in this community are. I read the forum and view the photos in awe of your collective skill, knowledge, and artistry. Though I have no delusions that my own abilities are virtually non-existent in comparison and are but a drop in the sea of over 1000 members. I have lived in NC since 1999 and have been cutting long boards into shorter pieces for many more years than that – and still have all ten fingers! However, the last photo I took was with an instant Polaroid and the only way I know to “post” it is with a thumbtack. Nor would my postage stamp-sized shop be of any interest to anyone. I’m old enough to own a 10ER which still sees almost daily use; and my phone is wired to a cradle, not clipped to my belt. I don’t have a favorite furniture style; before April 1st I thought a domino was a game piece; I still think a roman ogee is something in a Cecil B. DeMille movie; my idea of exotic wood is anything over 3 years old without nail holes that my neighbor gives me; and I have completed many “commissions” – vaguely spec’ed in the honey-do format – which makes me an accomplished mind reader. Nevertheless, I thoroughly enjoy reading the forum and wish each of you success in your careers and many years of enjoyment in your avocation.

DaveO

New User
DaveO
Welcome Ed, I do believe that you will fit in just fine. You have a great sense of humor, and woodworking takes that to make it enjoyable...sometimes you just have to laugh at yourself when you've made the same mistake for the third time DAMHIKT :BangHead:
I am glad that you decide to come out of the shadows and introduce yourself, and hope you plan to participate as often as possible in our lively discussions.
See you around!

Dave:)

FredP

Fred
Corporate Member
Welcome Ed, I do believe that you will fit in just fine. You have a great sense of humor, and woodworking takes that to make it enjoyable...sometimes you just have to laugh at yourself when you've made the same mistake for the third time DAMHIKT :BangHead:
I am glad that you decide to come out of the shadows and introduce yourself, and hope you plan to participate as often as possible in our lively discussions.
See you around!

Dave:)

yeh what he said.:-D wellcome to the site. hope you enjoy it as much as we all do.

fred p

M

McRabbet

Welcome to the site, Ed -- happy to have you on the saw dust path! Enjoy!

Rob

J

jeff...

Though I have no delusions that my own abilities are virtually non-existent in comparison and are but a drop in the sea of over 1000 members.

Welcome to NCWoodworker.net everyone counts around here, I have to agree with you a bunch of right friendly folks.

sapwood

New User
Roger
Welcome Ed!
A humorous but eloquent intro :icon_thum
Probably means you're sandbagging on you woodworking talents ;-)

See ya around,
Roger

b4man

New User
Barbara
Hello and welcome Ed,
Even if you can't cut a straight line on a perfectly tuned and aligned table saw, it's OK. Just write about it occasionally:eusa_clap

Bryan S

Bryan
Welcome Ed I too enjoy your sense of humor. Good group of folks here and there always willing to try and help.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Premier Sponsor

Our Sponsors