Greetings

Status
Not open for further replies.

kota62

New User
Gary Noble
Finally took the step and posted here, so no turning back now....
I have been slowly learning/enjoying woodworking for the last 12+ years, since i got stationed here from England. I have been in the USAF for 25 years now (1 more to go) Born in London, raised in Windber Pa. I'm a long time Steelers fan so this is a great year :-D I have built tons of things for the house and lately i've been building plaques for guys leaving the base, lots of fun seeing their eyes light up because you spent the time to make, instead of buy them something
Look forward to hanging and interacting with you good folks
Gary

mshel

New User
Michael Shelley
Welcome Gary,

Join in the fun, sharing of knowledge, and all around good clean interaction with folks who just love working with wood. If you have pics of your work, we have galleries for members to share their work with other members. You can request a gallery by clicking on the "Other Links" button on the upper right hand corner and then click on "Request Photo Album". Hope to see some of your work soon.

Mike

DaveO

New User
DaveO
Welcome, I am glad to have you here. It looks like DavidF will have someone to get his back during the Brit bashings:lol: :lol: I agree with you, that making someone something, no mater how simple it may be to make, is appreciated far more than anything you could buy. It shows that you care enough to take time to do something for them yourself.

See you around!!!

Dave:)

Oakwood

New User
John
Gary,
As a new member myself I look forward to learning a few new tricks. I have been making sawdust for 40 years and seem to find a new wrinkle every time I step in the shop. I am sure I can learn a lot from a Brit.
John

cskipper

Cathy
Welcome to the site Gary. I'm just getting the opportunity to make gifts for people, and I agree, the feeling is wonderful. I'm sure you'll find us to be a friendly group. Feel free to jump in, and post pictures when you can (we LOVE pictures!).

kota62

New User
Gary Noble
Here's one of my recent going away gifts
Gary

Attachments

• gun placque 02a.JPG
    gun placque 02a.JPG
    26.8 KB · Views: 177
M

McRabbet

Welcome to the site, Gary! You'll find lots of useful input on almost any woodworking project or technique or tools here -- we have lots of fun and welcome you to our fold.

And John, aka Oakwood needs to do the same and post his info in the Who We Are forum to introduce himself, too!

Rob

clowman

Clay Lowman
Corporate Member
Welcome to the site Gary, I'm going to show how much I know here. What's that black thing? I have an idea, but kinda afraid to be completely wrong, so I'll ask. I really like it, and sure it will be treasured for years and years.

kota62

New User
Gary Noble
The text in the NC part is laser etched, done here on base for a very reasonable fee, the black thing is 1/3 of an A-10 30mm barrel, that gun and airplane have been my pride and joy for most of my career, started working them at RAF Bentwaters in 81
Gary

clowman

Clay Lowman
Corporate Member
ohhh.. I thought it was a barrel, but didn't even want to venture a guess. Nicely incorporated!

kota62

New User
Gary Noble
Here's a collage type pic. the barrels are almost 8' long and weigh about 70lbs
Gary

Attachments

• 21d.JPG
    21d.JPG
    18.1 KB · Views: 169

NCPete

New User
Pete Davio
gary,

don't forget to post your balloon here on the member map. We need to show mroe folks from the fourth largest metro area in NC!

Thetoymaker

New User
John Gilham
Howdy Gary

Wow..an A-10.....I love them Warthogs. Anyway....When in England...ever try Marmite or Vegemite?

John the Toymaker

kota62

New User
Gary Noble
Marmite is so strong that i'd only have it once in a while, my wife, Shirley is a brit and loves it as well as twiglets, another savory snack
Gary

golfdad

Co-director of Outreach
Dirk
Corporate Member
Welcome Gary. My work has also been mostly for home and gifts. Gotta say were pround of you and the others that serve our country. I'm sorry though for your choice in teams allthough I think they have too much this year for Seattle.Lets see some pics:cool: :cool: :cool: :cool:

Ken Weaver

New User
Ken Weaver
Welcome Gary - been around diesel jets and electric jets - love those Wart Hogs, just when you need 'em.

8TFW - Kunsan, Korea '81-'82

D L Ames

New User
D L Ames
Gary, thanks for un-lurking yourself and stepping up to the plate to make an intro. I am over at Bragg myself and like you I am rapidly approaching the end of my career after 30 years. Thanks for all of your service in making sure those Warthogs where always there when they were needed the most. Our guys have relied on them many times in the last 4+ years.

I really like the plaque you posted above and would love to see a few more of them if you have any photos. I know exactly what you mean about folks appreciating a gift more when they find out you took the time to make it yourself. I have a few shots in my gallery of a farewell gift I made and I am in the process of finishing up two more.

Again, welcome aboard.

D L

Status
Not open for further replies.

Premier Sponsor

Our Sponsors

LATEST FOR SALE LISTINGS