Greensboro lunch QUESTION ?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Bill Clemmons

Bill
Corporate Member
As many members in the Piedmont Triad area know, a group of us meet once a month for lunch in Greensboro. It's the third Thursday of each month. But we realize many members have to work, and can't make a weekday lunch.

So here's the QUESTION? If we occasionally (say once a quarter, or semi-annually) switched to an evening or a Saturday get-together, would that make it more convenient for you to attend? Assuming you want to attend.

Your thoughts, please. :help: :eusa_thin :dontknow: :icon_scra

Bill

Mark Gottesman

New User
Mark
Life permitting, I could probably manage either one. Lunches, however, are usually easier for me to sort.

Still, it is a good idea.

Bryan S

Bryan
Why not do it and see. We could have a bigger gathering and bring our spouses (better halves) along.

Steve_Honeycutt

Chat Administartor
Steve
Bill,

Depending on the timing, I would try to come. This would give us longer to visit with each other and hear about some of the projects that people are working on. Also, this might give some of the other members outside the Triad a chance to join us. My preference would be an early dinner on Saturday.

Steve

Bill Clemmons

Bill
Corporate Member
Thanks to all who responded. I've posted a follow-up to today's lunch discussions here. The bottom line is we're going to have our Feb. meeting on a Saturday (18th).

Bill

lspooz

Larry
Corporate Member
...."So mark your calendars: Saturday, February 18, around 4 or 5 PM, at The Moose. I'll post a reminder a few days before hand."

How about an 8AM?? 9AM?? morning meeting - there's an awesome breakfast at the Moose:
Moose Cafe: Breakfast

:gar-Bi I'm a morning person

Bill Clemmons

Bill
Corporate Member
...."So mark your calendars: Saturday, February 18, around 4 or 5 PM, at The Moose. I'll post a reminder a few days before hand."

How about an 8AM?? 9AM?? morning meeting - there's an awesome breakfast at the Moose:
Moose Cafe: Breakfast

:gar-Bi I'm a morning person

When I read your previous post I realized this wouldn't be the best situation for you. Sorry. But the majority of the group seemed to favor an early evening time. I hope you'll still be able to make at least some of our meetings, either the Saturday evening or Thursday lunches. :icon_thum

Bill

cskipper

Cathy
I realize I am outside the regular group/area, but a longer meeting would be more likely for me to make the drive.

Bill Clemmons

Bill
Corporate Member
I realize I am outside the regular group/area, but a longer meeting would be more likely for me to make the drive.

Cathy, that's kinda what we were hoping. Meeting late afternoon on a Saturday may make it easier/more attractive for those who don't want to, or can't, come a long way for a weekday lunch. This way we can hang around longer, maybe even have some type of program.

I hope you can make it again. :icon_thum

Bill

Status
Not open for further replies.

Premier Sponsor

Our Sponsors

LATEST FOR SALE LISTINGS