Great Stuff Tip

Status
Not open for further replies.

Gotcha6

Dennis
Staff member
Corporate Member
Most of you have used the Great Stuff expanding foam in a can before, I believe. One of the shortcomings of this product is the straw applicator that comes with it. It can usually only be used once.
I had a need for this product yesterday and couldn't find the adapter/trigger that came with the straw and screws onto the can nozzle. "What to do?" I asked myself. I happened upon some scrap pieces of 1/4" PE tubing and tried it out. The threads on the nozzle will snugly fit inside the tubing to the point it can be threaded onto it. Not only will this work to use in a pinch, the tubing can then be made as long as you need it to get into hard to reach places. When you're done, toss the tubing, turn the can upright and clear the nozzle, and you can save the remainder of the contents in the can. :eusa_danc

Glennbear

Glenn
Thanks Dennis, years ago I renamed this product Nasty ---- after a vexing attempt to seal a travel trailer undercarriage. Your method might cause me to retry it if the occasion arises. :wsmile:

colyerjp

New User
Jerry
Good tip going to give it a try. Might be useful to go around corners and work into tight areas where the can won't fit.

thrytis

New User
Eric
The tube also cleans up pretty easily with whatever solvent is recommended on the can as long as you don't let it harden. I think it is lacquer thinner.

09woodie22

New User
Gabe
I stopped using this product for just the reasons mentioned. Have a few cans set aside that will get the "tip" recommended!

Appreciate it! :icon_cheers

Gabe

richlife

New User
Rich
Yeah, gotta love it when someone turns a good by "nasty" product into something you can live with. Thanks from me too.

Rich

boxxmaker

New User
Ken
You have NO idea how many cans I have thrown away because of that.just goes to show you ain't never to old ta learn,many thanks. :notworthy: :notworthy: :notworthy: :notworthy:

Status
Not open for further replies.

Premier Sponsor

Our Sponsors

LATEST FOR SALE LISTINGS