Great Customer Service - Tools for Working Wood

Mark Johnson

Mark
Corporate Member
I recently bought a couple of Ray Isles mortising chisels from Tools for Working Wood; and while using one of them for the first time, the handle cracked after only making 8 mortises. I contacted TFWW to try to get a replacement handle, but they immediately shipped a new chisel which arrived in two days. I thought that was great customer service. As an aside, my prior hand tooled mortises were done with a decent set of sharp bench chisels. I had to be very careful in striking the chisels (rubber mallet only) to keep from bending the tang. That is certainly not true with the mortise chisel, and it cuts the time down significantly for me. Now I only have a bout 50 more to chop for this project!

Attachments

• IMG_9550.JPG
    IMG_9550.JPG
    2.2 MB · Views: 190

zapdafish

New User
Steve
Good to know, I've bought from them and luckily haven't had any issues. How's the mft hold up to the pounding? Not sure of the terminology but seems like the thin top would bounce some of the energy back. I also didn't realize @Bas had a clothing line :).

Mark Johnson

Mark
Corporate Member
Good to know, I've bought from them and luckily haven't had any issues. How's the mft hold up to the pounding? Not sure of the terminology but seems like the thin top would bounce some of the energy back. I also didn't realize @Bas had a clothing line :).
The MFT is not ideal for this task, but for right now it is use it or kneel down on the concrete floor to pound. Clearly I need a bench. The shirt is an old BASF shirt from the company for which I worked many years.

Premier Sponsor

Our Sponsors

LATEST FOR SALE LISTINGS