Gravity glue.....

Status
Not open for further replies.

froglips

New User
Jim Campbell
In case you wondered, Titebond II globbed onto boards one is shoe horning into a patch in a ceiling is not immune from the laws of gravity and surface tension....

Also, based on past and present experience, my hair seems to attract falling goop......

Which leads to my real question, how does one get dried Titebond out of ones remaining hair!!!! :slap:

Jim

FredP

Fred
Corporate Member
Well.... a lighter would do da trick but........ if it isn't cured shampoo should do it. if it is dry well a haircut may be in order. BTW my smilies aint woiked for a week or more. Are they on strike or did you spill goo on dem too??????????????

MikeH

New User
Mike
In case you wondered, Titebond II globbed onto boards one is shoe horning into a patch in a ceiling is not immune from the laws of gravity and surface tension....

Also, based on past and present experience, my hair seems to attract falling goop......

Which leads to my real question, how does one get dried Titebond out of ones remaining hair!!!! :slap:

Jim

I don't care who you that's funny! :rotflm::rotflm::rotflm:

ehpoole

Administrator
Ethan
Soak it with hot water, not hot enough to burn you but hot, it will soften up.

So that's what they mean when they call someone a hot head???

Scissors are by far the easiest remedy... and hair does regrow (well, usually). You'll find the globs quite easily with a come, then simply snip the offending hair.

But I had to chuckle at FredP's suggestion of a lighter ... BTDT once while lubricating a paper shredder with silicone. I mean, you know, silicone is non flammable afterall... Unfortunately the propellant was propane (oops!), which is heavier than air, which settled in the bottom of the paper shredder I was lubricating... I then switched it on momentarily to evenly distribute the silicone and KABOOM... the universal motor's brushes sparked and ignited the propane... I lost the hair on my arms and hands, eyebrows, and a good portion of hair off the front of my head! Startled my mother several rooms away when she heard the (minor) explosion. Fortunately I always wear glasses and it was just a flash fire so my eyes only got a little dry and irritated in the process. Unfortunately, all I could smell for the next few days was ode de singed hair!

Another life-lesson learned that day!

Joe Scharle

New User
Joe
Jim, most people will actually BUY a setting gel or mousse instead of using Titebond's patented Permanent Hair Set. But if this was an accident and you're still refusing to wear a hat when engaging in this activity, I suggest coating your exposed surfaces with Vaseline. Men working with creosote pilings always showed up for work 'greased up'!

Bas

Recovering tool addict
Bas
Corporate Member
The only way this story could have been funnier is if you had used Gorilla Glue....

:rotflm:

I don't have any suggestions besides what's already been said: Hot water. Fortunately, it's almost the first of the month, so you can combine this with your monthly shower.

I do hope nobody insults you while you deal with this problem. But if they do, just say "You're rubber, I'm glue, whatever you"...oh wait. Never mind.

Skymaster

New User
Jack
add some olive oil wit dat vinegar and it should help da glue slide off. :rotflm:

NO FRED tomatoes and garlic will not help Let US neither :rotflm::rotflm::rotflm::rotflm:

sawman101

Bruce Swanson
Corporate Member
Now that you've got the old noggin primed, why not stick a little more hair on it!:gar-La;:gar-La;:gar-La;

ZachEakes

New User
Zach
I lost a pony tail to epoxy a few years ago, so I share your pain...

Epoxy and cabosil (fumed silica) make a nice bonding paste for overhead gluing.

bluedawg76

New User
Sam
curling iron ought a melt it though it could get messy. Plus you could have the curls you've always dreamed of!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Premier Sponsor

Our Sponsors

LATEST FOR SALE LISTINGS