Govdeal auction

Status
Not open for further replies.

chris_goris

Chris
Senior User
"The saw comes with no safety brake or blade" must be problematic in a school setting. Says that for all 3. They must be going back to old school tablesaws.

Gotcha6

Dennis
Staff member
Corporate Member
That caveat may mean the cartridge and blade are missing because of an activation.

FredP

Fred
Corporate Member
That caveat may mean the cartridge and blade are missing because of an activation.

I would sooner think it's a liability issue. If they sell it without the blade or safety equipment then they cant be held responsible if the device fails. IE they didn't sell that. sounds like CYA to me.
as an aside these tools are in MO. not exactly an across town trip.:icon_scra

Jim Roche

jim
User
I was looking thru the equipment that's for sale in Salisbury and disappointed at what looked to be mishandling. The Delta jointer looks like the indeed table was broken and they had a Delta 20" band saw that looks like the table/trunnions were broken when it was put on the pallet. What a shame, that equipment lasted for years until what appears to be reckless handling. Based on this info, I would certainly do a pre-inspection before bidding on anything coming out of that location.

Jim

sawman101

Bruce Swanson
Corporate Member
Beware of what shipping costs can be. I bought a carbide grinder about 20 years ago that was located near Louisville, KY. The seller shipped the item and informed me the cost would be $600 C.O.D. at the shippers, (ABF) dock, in a city 50 miles from me. That cost equaled $1.50 per mile for approximately 400 lbs., 1 small skid. The shipping costs you see from the big tool outlets is a heavily discounted rate. For those of us who aren't contracted with daily shipping and receiving, the rates are astronomical and unbearable. Buyer beware!

charlessenf

(;harles
Senior User
Shipping from Missouri! I can image that would prove problematic and expensive.

If you watch GovDeals you will discover that you can select (whatever you consider to be) local sellers as FAVORITES and be notified when they have something to auction off. And, if you've a good friend in Kalamazoo, you can select sellers near your friend.

GiovDeals SUCKS when it comes to notifying you of a bid about to close - as little as 45 minutes warning when 24 hours would suit me better. So, I use Google Calendar to send me email notices on items I'm interested in. A bit more work, but better than opening the notice after the bidding's closed!

Jim M.

Woody
Corporate Member
I've had good luck using UShip, bought several items for myself and my station. You're right the bid-ending alert sucks.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Premier Sponsor

Our Sponsors

LATEST FOR SALE LISTINGS