Got Pot?

Status
Not open for further replies.

b4man

New User
Barbara
:rolf: ...well I think it's funny!
I would very much like to find a big cast iron pot to cook Brunswick stew over a fire. If I can locate one to buy then I thought I would invite anyone who would like to come to GSO for a "stew cookin'" And, even if nobody wants to come, I still want to cook some. Maybe some of you in the mountain or foothill area knows of a good place to find one?
Thanks and don't forget a good laugh cures a bad mood!:lol:

Tarhead

Mark
Corporate Member
No one's asked me that in a looooong time:lol:
I have a big ~5gal canning pot that I formerly used to make beer in if that helps. There is an Antique show scheduled for the Metrolina Expo next weekend and you could probably find one there.
Mark

b4man

New User
Barbara
Thanks guys. Mark is that show next week end as in the 6th? Or this coming weekend? I have checked out all suggestions but no luck so far.
I want one with legs to sit directly on coals. Not too sure about size but I'm thinking 8 to 10 gal.'s. I've done one with a turkey cooker on gas and it's just not the same as smoke flavoring from a wood fire.
Again, thanks for the replies.

b4man

New User
Barbara
Yeah, that's it Mike! I found this on a Google search and that's when I decided to ask the group. $ 300. is more than I want to pay. I hate to shop at flea markets and such but I may be forced to do it.

b4man

New User
Barbara
To Doug and Cathy, thanks for the links. Actually, the pots there aren't big enough but I appreciate you sending on the info.
To Jeff, I'll just bet you don't!:lol:

b4man

New User
Barbara
Thanks all for the Cajun Cookware site. It's promising. The shipping is about $65 for the 20 gal pot and lid.8-O
I've book marked it in case we can't find one I can drive to pick up or; anyone going to Louisiana soon?

You guys rock!!!:icon_thum

gator

George
Corporate Member
sorry about the duplicate link. I was searching and then I type slow, so the first ones weren't there when I started.

George

Status
Not open for further replies.

Premier Sponsor

Our Sponsors