Good feed back from Triad Lunch

Status
Not open for further replies.

b4man

New User
Barbara
We discussed site activity today and there was little concern from the 16 or so members. Most feel that it's cyclical. There was one really interesting comment from a member belonging to several boards. He says that when things get stale or slow, there are certain people that will throw out a topic that baits the membership to participate. Not unlike what Jeff did with his Winter Blues thread. Another topic might be the possibility of a video tutorial on building a certain project.

Another member noted that there is no LINK to us from the Klingspor website. I haven't confirmed this but interesting if true.

There was discussion about FaceBook and the interest in more participation there referencing our site.
Although we have a FB page, it's not officially sponsored by NCWW. I believe there's merit in exploring this. Several clubs and several of our members and vendors utilize that medium to attract more members and customers.

The upgrade was also discussed and I gave them the heads up on Classified's being replaced with a yet to be determined program. There wasn't much reaction.

I encouraged everyone to consider participating in the workings of the site. I informed them that if they had any particular skill or willingness to learn to contact Tracy for direction.

We have a fantastic cross section of personalities and ability in this bunch. I always leave there so much happier and motivated! I wish we all had such enthusiasm:wink_smil

M

McRabbet

Good feedback, Barb and plenty of items to discuss at our Board meeting. BTW, there is a link to the Klingspor website by clicking on their sidebar ad. Each of the other advertisers feature their own links as well.

I believe we need to get a group to craft a set of good short pages for beginners -- It could be called the "Beginner's Forum" or "Newcomer's Forum", but it should have a set of descriptive pages on "Who is NC Woodworker?"; "What Activities Do We Sponsor?"; "What Benefits the Member?"; "Who Can I Contact?"; "How do I Navigate the Website?", etc. We need to set up an "Experts" Group for "newbies" to call on. I think such a new feature would boost our membership retention dramatically.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Premier Sponsor

Our Sponsors

LATEST FOR SALE LISTINGS