Golf Club Rack

Status
Not open for further replies.

BrianBDH

New User
Brian
I started this rack back in October in an effort to un-clutter an area in my shop/garage.

First I built this shelf unit. Since it is just in the garage, I just went cheap and used particle board. But all the pieces are dado'd and/or grooved with plenty of glue. There are no fasteners in it except the pocket screws you can see.

IMG-20111224-00045.jpg

The lower "cubbies" are for golf shoes. The upper "cubbies" were originally intended for drawers to put balls, tees, misc golf crap. But, as it often happens, I ran out of time. So I added some strips to keep stuff from rolling out and left it for now. Just this week I added some oak strips to keep the particle board edges from getting chipped. The shelf unit is hung on a plywood french cleat with a couple extra 3" deck screws directly through the back.

The upper section is a set of brackets and chains to secure the golf bags.

IMG-20111224-00046.jpg

All together it looks like this.

IMG-20111224-00044.jpg

And with the bags in place....

IMG-20111224-00049.jpg

I had seen some other rack designs but nothing that quite fit what I wanted. I like the storage space and it didn't require too much lumber.

Like most of my stuff, more funtional than pretty. I might paint it one day when I am really bored, but for now it worked to un-clutter that area.

Brian

T

toolferone

Works for me and I don't even play golf. It's function is it's beauty, paint would just mess it up!

Canuck

Wayne
Corporate Member
Looks very solid and practical there, Brian!:eusa_danc

(If I could just keep stuff that organized, I wouldn't be buying multiples of stuff I can't find!:embarrassed:)

Nice design too.

Wayne

Status
Not open for further replies.

Premier Sponsor

Our Sponsors

LATEST FOR SALE LISTINGS