Goals List

Status
Not open for further replies.

b4man

New User
Barbara
Part of this has been co-opted to reflect the topics covered in this thread.

Unless somebody has a better format or idea I'll start a list of primary goals and not in any particular order of importance.
Jim de Frog, feel free to redo, move or whatever you think will work better, thanks.

1. Guests and members surfing our site should feel that they are welcome
  2. participating in our site is a worthwhile and pleasant experience.
  3. maintain a polite and helpful tone in our posts, replies, and questions
  4. guests, members, and their families are comfortable viewing our site content
  5. Members may post threads, comments, replies, questions, and make suggestions without fear of abuse from other members or staff.

Last edited by a moderator:

b4man

New User
Barbara
1.Guests and members surfing our site should feel that they are welcome
2. participating in our site is a worthwhile and pleasant experience.
3. maintain a polite and helpful tone in our posts, replies, and questions
4. guests, members, and their families are comfortable viewing our site content
5. Members may post threads, comments, replies, questions, and make suggestions without fear of abuse from other members or staff.

6. Differences of opinion are expected and welcome as long as post remain civil, respectful and on topic.

b4man

New User
Barbara
Please add suggestions to the bottom of the list. If you feel one of the goals need editing please type in the edited version beneath the original sentence.

1. Members and guest are welcomed to surf our site and can feel comfortable with viewing any thread regardless of race, religion, political preference, age or gender.

2. Participation in any topic is encouraged without regard to skill level or experience. All members participating in a thread should always be able to question or comment without fear or criticism from other members or publicly from staff.

3. Differences of opinion are expected and welcome as long as post remain civil, respectful and on topic.

Mt. Gomer

New User
Travis
As this is a regional site I'd like to include a goal on fostering "real life" (as opposed to only virtual) relationships. Not sure how best to phrase it though the evental pratcial implications would include things like the picnic, contests, shop crawls, Pony Express, Lunchbunches, etc....

b4man

New User
Barbara
1. Members and guest are welcomed to surf our site and can feel comfortable with viewing any thread regardless of race, religion, political preference, age or gender.

2. Participation in any topic is encouraged without regard to skill level or experience. All members participating in a thread should always be able to question or comment without fear or criticism from other members or publicly from staff.

3. Differences of opinion are expected and welcome as long as post remain civil, respectful and on topic.[/QUOTE]

4. To encourage and enable members who want to meet each other for statewide and local events to include relevant exhibits, lunches, dinners, regional meetings and "Shop Crawls"

5. Clear moderation rules that apply to every member including staff and concise reprimands regardless of member status.

cskipper

Cathy
Ncwoodworker.net was created as a place to provide a welcoming atmosphere fostering a unique sense of community for any North Carolina woodworker who wishes to participate or lurk. We are “guilty” of trying to be the most friendly and educational website on the net. Our membership consists of all skill levels, education levels, political and religious views, sex and ages. In order to maintain our desired atmosphere, each member posting is requested to review each post before hitting that “submit” button in order to determine if it honestly passes the following litmus tests:
a. Is the purpose to promote woodworking or our sense community? (no politically related discussions even if they affect our members)
b. Could this post make anyone, adult or child, reading it uncomfortable due to appropriateness and tone regarding race, religion, politics, age or gender?
c. Is the tone of the post respectful regardless of the member’s skill level, experience?

If the post cannot pass these three tests, we request the poster re-evaluate his/her before submitting their post. If the intention is to goad, rant, bait, frustrate or anger others, or simply not meeting the overall goals of this group, we invite the poster to utilize other outlets for their discussions. They do not belong here.

Last edited:

SteveColes

Steve
Corporate Member
Well, I must say that those who are participating are really getting to the heart of the matter. God job:thumbs_up

Here is one to consider, it is very close to one of the principles that we started with. It is extracted from a PM that I received from one of our newer members.

TracyP

Administrator , Forum Moderator
Tracy
Well, I must say that those who are participating are really getting to the heart of the matter. God job:thumbs_up

Here is one to consider, it is very close to one of the principles that we started with. It is extracted from a PM that I received from one of our newer members.

Our goals must reflect the Founders goals and the original vision. This site was created by one person. Without our founder Steven Coles, this site would not exist. Whether you agree or disagree with Steve's stance on the website, It was started, maintained, and financed by Steve, And without Steve's technical ability and dedication to create a friendly woodworking website, none of us would be here............ Steve, you have done a GREAT service by creating this site and I will continue to support your goals and vision. You have done NCWW proud.

Last edited:

cskipper

Cathy

Either it's late and I really tired, but is something missing from this post (the one to consider)?

These will probably all be close to the original principles because they were well written.

Glennbear

Glenn
Either it's late and I really tired, but is something missing from this post (the one to consider)?

These will probably all be close to the original principles because they were well written.

What he wanted to quote was indeed missing. :dontknow:

Status
Not open for further replies.

Premier Sponsor

Our Sponsors

LATEST FOR SALE LISTINGS