Gloat, Cussin' an' a plea for HELP!

Status
Not open for further replies.

max_in_graham

New User
Max
I hope it's ok to post this here... if not, I apologize and I'd appreciate the mod's moving it to the right forum... or the trash bin if it's more appropriate.

I know it's been a long while since I've even posted... but I've been just a tad busy with a few thingy's...

This is where I started about Labor Day of 2007...
dscf0327.JPG

dscf0013.JPG

dscf0119.JPG

dscf0228.JPG

dscf0496.JPG

dscf0069.JPG

dscf0467.JPG

dscf0493.JPG

dscf0558.JPG

dscf0571.JPG

Bottom line; I Need help with my studio finalization.

If yer' a sawdust makin' muso anywhere near Graham... I got a deal for ya'.

I'm willing to trade labor:studio time, 2:1... and depending on experience, I'll negotiate from there.

I'm very serious about the offer, and this ain't no bargain basement operation...

Here's a list of our gear;
http://www.dmmobile.com/?page_id=4

Here's what I need help with...

Turning this:
dscf0446.JPG

and this:
dscf0058.JPG

along with 1200 sq ft of 3/4" T&G jatoba flooring....

Into this:
studio_a_large.jpg

ok, it won't be as nice, or nearly as big, as Avatar... but, my studio was designed by the same guy who finished the acoustic treatment there.

The floors are gonna be stained and sealed concrete, so there's no flooring to worry about.

The ceiling and walls are already completely designed to excruciating detail, so there's no real hemming and hawing... just some heavy duty woodworkin' and should be a pretty interesting time.

The wood we'll be working with is QS and FS red oak (from last year's Raleigh Lumber Run), some other red oak, and ERC from trees on my property, walnut trim and the T&G jatoba that I need to glue up into boards.

I have no idea how much time we're talkin' about, but I suspect that we're talking at least an album's worth of music... maybe more.

Here's the first pass on a few of the quarter sawn and flat sawn red oak... VERY pretty!!!
dscf0606.JPG

(OK, so it's not that good of a pic....)

But, if yer' a glutton fer' punishment... I'd love to hear from ya!

PM, email or phone is fine...

Thanx!
Max

M

McRabbet

I'd offer to help, but I'm about 200 miles away, so it is not very practical...

Glennbear

Glenn
Count me out also Max, my music making ability is limited to inserting the CD into the player :gar-La; Like McRabett I too am geographically challenged. :wsmile:

rcflyer23

Kevin
Corporate Member
Max that is going to be one of the nicest studios in North Carolina. If I was still in Greensboro I would just come help just to be part of such a nice studio.

rcflyer23

Kevin
Corporate Member
I just got done looking at your Studio instruments and all I can say is WOW... I am enveous. I would love to play on some of that equipment. I am a wanna be musician. I hope you can find someone to help you out on that.

max_in_graham

New User
Max
Gentlemen,

Thanks for the replies and kudo's...

I only hope this "minor investment" (HA!) will end up just as purdy, as it currently sounds. We're hoping it will be one of the nicer studios... but there's some really excellent and beautiful studios here. Good Lord willin', we're gonna do our best to just do it right... and come out at the end, with all my fingers and toes!

Kevin... c'mon down sometime... yeah... LOT'S o' Toys to play with!

Hendersonville ain't that far! We've got a spare bedroom and can put you up. :)

Hey Glenn... you might be musically challenged... but that ain't nearly as bad as bein' sawdust challenged like me!

Bryan S

Bryan
Max I may be able to give you a few hours this coming weekend. Thursday or Friday I don't know and depends on how much of my classwork I can get done The 2 instructors have loaded us down for the last 2 weeks.

Trent Mason

New User
Trent Mason
Max,

Just sent you a pm and spoke with my better half. I can probably help you out next Saturday. :icon_thum

Trent

rcflyer23

Kevin
Corporate Member
Max I will check with you in a few weeks. I just started up with a Praise Band at church so I am busy with that on Saturday's for now but I need to get my son up to see his grandparents in the next few weeks so I can probably drop him off and come over for a few hours.. I will check back with you. Can't wait to see the finished product.

max_in_graham

New User
Max
Gents,

Any and all time that ANYONE can afford is MORE than appreciated!

I work pretty much part time hours at two different places, for now. If you can help any time besides the weekends, please gimme a shout so I can arrange a work schedule. Both places are reasonably flexible on their time that I need to put in.

Looking forward to meeting you guys soon!!

Thanx again!
Max

Status
Not open for further replies.

Premier Sponsor

Our Sponsors