Getting back into the shop...

Status
Not open for further replies.

schnable

New User
Andrew
And I found this site. My name is Andrew - I am a software engineer by day, and recreational woodworker by night. My most recent project was a cable management cabinet for my video, phone, and ethernet cabling and equipment. It's not fine woodworking - but it is very functional:

IMG_04734.JPG

View image in gallery

I have build beds, desks, bookcases, tables, matched table leafs for friends. I am currently looking for a good source for some poplar (or other paint-able wood) for a project - let me know if you have any suggestions for sources in the Cary/Raleigh area.

I just finished restoring a 1946 Delta jointer - here is the before picture:

After a new pulley, lots of steel wool, and new jointer blades, it is running sweet.

A final note - when cleaning out my garage shop today, I found a children's oak chair that I received 15+ years ago - it was falling apart at the time - so I finished the job with the intention of using it as a pattern to make more. Well - that never happened - if anyone would like it, drop me a note - it is free to a good home:

Andrew

Canuck

Wayne
Corporate Member
Welcome to the site, Andrew!:eusa_danc

Cool looking wire management setup there. Everything nicely tucked away yet accessible and everything looks well organized.

Looking forward to seeing more pictures of your work.

Wayne

eyekode

New User
Salem
Welcome! Software engineer here too. I need to do major networking residing in my house. Yours looks great. How do you like your hdhomerun? I have had one for years. During the ACC tourney I take it into work. I set it up in the corner of the building with the best reception and stream t over to the projector in the board room :).
Salem

bluedawg76

New User
Sam
welcome to the site. lots of friendly folks here.
for lumber you might try jack murdock (saw4you) in rolesville, just north of raleigh. He's listed in the sawyer section of the ncww site under woodworking in nc. he also has routine posts on craigslist with what he has and prices. can't say anything about poplar, but I've bought other hardwoods (cherry, walnut, etc) from him in the past and been pleased.

Sam

Status
Not open for further replies.

Premier Sponsor

Our Sponsors