Fuji Mini Mite 4 - Additional Aircaps For a Range of Finishes

Status
Not open for further replies.

craftbeerguy

Craft Beer Guy
User
Good Afternoon,

I'm planning picking up a Mini Mite 4 T-Series from our friends at Klingspor tomorrow. I managed to convince myself I needed it for a commissioned commercial job.

Anyway, I've sprayed lacquer for the better part of 25 years, nitro and pre-cat. My intention is to have the flexibility to spray WB of all types, post cat lacquer, conversion varnishes, paint, stains, etc. You get the picture.

I understand the thicker material requires a larger air cap. I also understand the correlation between thinning material and compromising its integrity. So I am willing to invest in the extra caps. The Fuji website has all kinds of overlapping info. Can anyone suggest the minimum number of main sizes I need to accomplish the types of finishes I listed? I believe the standard is 1.3mm.

Thanks in advance!

Travis Porter

Travis
Corporate Member
You need the one it comes with.

It will spray WB finishes without any changes.

It will spray precat and nitro, but you will have to thin. I have been spraying precat the past couple of weeks and found thinning by 10% makes a world of difference. It eliminated all of my orange peel issues.

If you spray lacquer, be sure to get 1 or 2 of the whip hoses to add some extra length so the air cools some more before it reaches the gun.

When I originally bought my Q4, I bought all the needle/cap combinations and have only used one other than the standard, and I probably didn't need to do that.

If you are going to spray latex, then you may want to get the larger size.

My .02 worth

Best wishes.

redknife

Chris
Corporate Member
I had the mini mite 4. I agree that for most work involving waterborne finish, 1.3 is the right tip. I employed the 1.0 for dye and shellac. As I recall, I empirically bought the 1.0 for those applications so maybe it wasn’t necessary. I never sprayed paint with that turbine so no experience to relay there.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Premier Sponsor

Our Sponsors

LATEST FOR SALE LISTINGS