Front Door hinge pins

TENdriver

New User
TENdriver
I finally received the water based enamel paint for my front door.

I plan on rolling the paint with a 3/8” mini roller and a foam brush. Many seem to do this painting while the door is vertical.

If I wanted to paint the door horizontally, are there any reasons for not pulling the hinge pins?

TENdriver

New User
TENdriver
I bought a new roll of brand name blue masking tape.

I was more concerned with reinstalling, alignment or any other issues I may not be anticipating.

Jeff

New User
Jeff
The hinge pins have to be removed if you want to remove the door. Don't worry about painting the door, you won't be slopping paint on the hinges so re-installing the door shouldn't be a problem.

You didn't plan on painting the hinges did you???????

nn4jw

New User
Jim
If you will be reinstalling the door by yourself I suggest getting your hands on a door lifter. Just search on Amazon for "door lifter". It's a simple gadget you insert under the unhung door, then step on to lift the door enough to get the upper hinge in place to drop in the pin. After that it's easy to then insert the lower pin. Depending on your better half's understanding of the process of helping you in the absence of a door lifter it can be an excellent marital device.

Berta

Berta
Corporate Member
If you will be reinstalling the door by yourself I suggest getting your hands on a door lifter. Just search on Amazon for "door lifter". It's a simple gadget you insert under the unhung door, then step on to lift the door enough to get the upper hinge in place to drop in the pin. After that it's easy to then insert the lower pin. Depending on your better half's understanding of the process of helping you in the absence of a door lifter it can be an excellent marital device.
Sounds like that might be very helpful. Thanks!

Premier Sponsor

Our Sponsors

LATEST FOR SALE LISTINGS