free to wood turners

Status
Not open for further replies.

curley

New User
Jim Posey
I have a very large knot or burl they call it I guess that is free to turners.Im not sue what kind of wood it is but I poured minerial spirit on it and looks great.
Its about 22" by 14" on the one slab I cut off,this thing is about 18" thick,very big.
I will be glad to cut this up and give it away to turners.I'm going to try and upload a few pixs but if anyone will email me I'll be glad to share,I'm not a turner .Jim

MrAudio815

New User
Matthew
If you weren't so far away and I wasn't so close to packing up my Shop I would love to try it out.

I applaud you for your kindness~!!!

curley

New User
Jim Posey
Thanks for the replies on the web,I had several emails to answer is why I could'nt get back but its gone.If something don't work out I'll for sure let you have it,Thanks

PittCountyTurner

New User
Glenn
Thanks for the photos Jim. Really beautiful patterns in the grain. I have no idea what type of wood that is either, but it will certainly make some beautiful art.

JCraig

New User
Jerry
I would be interested in some smaller pieces also, and would ask rcflyer to get me a few if he come by your place to get his.

curley

New User
Jim Posey
They are three pixs of the burl in my gallery,It looks like its going to Mike in Mt Aire,Thanks

curley

New User
Jim Posey
Here is the deal on the burl,I have pixs in gallery,The wood is open to first come gets it It has not worked out for anyone to get it yet.Alot wants it but not able to come get it,Its been cut about 2 or 2 1/2 weeks .I don't know what it is.I cut up the slab that I cut off and pixs are in there,
I would like to have a few board feet of QS white oak for it but thats not a must ,If you have a few boards and want to give it thats fine if you don't no problem.Woods is yours anyway.jut want someone that would know how to turn this so it won't be waisted.If nobody can get it I'll find something to do with it.Thanks Jim

Dragon

New User
David
Here is the deal on the burl,I have pixs in gallery,The wood is open to first come gets it It has not worked out for anyone to get it yet.Alot wants it but not able to come get it,Its been cut about 2 or 2 1/2 weeks .I don't know what it is.I cut up the slab that I cut off and pixs are in there,
I would like to have a few board feet of QS white oak for it but thats not a must ,If you have a few boards and want to give it thats fine if you don't no problem.Woods is yours anyway.jut want someone that would know how to turn this so it won't be waisted.If nobody can get it I'll find something to do with it.Thanks Jim

PM and E-mail sent...........

curley

New User
Jim Posey
Burl is gone.Thanks to all that showed interest,Brian in Iron station come and got it today.Hope to see some pixs of some turning soon.Good luck .Thanks

Status
Not open for further replies.

Premier Sponsor

Our Sponsors

LATEST FOR SALE LISTINGS