Free to Good Home

Status
Not open for further replies.

max_in_graham

New User
Max
I'm probably getting to be notorious for posting in the wrong forum. If I've managed to be a dummy again, please move this to the correct forum.

In about a week or three, I'm going to have a BUNCH of scrap wood to get rid of.

Mostly red oak, but some cedar, and a little bit of walnut.

Most of it is less than a foot long, but there are a blue bazillion pieces of 1x4, 1x6 and 1x8 left over from building the studio.

There are also a LOT of 8ft long narrow strips... from and inch or so wide, down to 1/16", that are leftovers from cutting down stock, to width. The majority is less than 1" wide.

Heck, the thin stock might be what someone is looking for, to do inlay work with.

So, if anyone wants any/all of this, or knows of a group of kids (cub scouts, girl scouts, boys and girls club, etc.) that would want these "scraps" to make things from, PLEASE let me know.

If you're in the Alamance County area, you're welcome to come pick through and get what you want. I'll gladly meet anyone halfway to where you are (within reason).

Thanx,
Max

p.s. If you would need a couple of extra full boards to make a complete set of "kits" for something like blue bird boxes, I'll kick a couple in to save some cost to the volunteer adult leader(s). (We KNOW how much leader's make for a salary!)

TracyP

Administrator , Forum Moderator
Tracy
I am going to move this to the wood forum in hopes that you get maximum exposure there. You should get a lot of replies to Free Wood

froglips

New User
Jim Campbell
Well, I may just know someone who could help.

As part of the Hillsborough Orange Woodworkers Meetup group, we are about to start on making glued up cutting boards. Sounds like your kind offer could solve our need for wood.

If you don't get a request from one of the aforementioned (Scouts, boys/girls clubs etc) , we'd be happy to help lighten your scrap pile.

Jim

max_in_graham

New User
Max
Jim,

You'd be surprised at just how much end cut and thin stuff there is....

(I started out with a little over 1600bf of red oak and added 600 to that!)

The pile is probably 100-150 pieces, with at least that many thin strips.

oh... can I sign up for the cutting board class??? :tinysmile_tongue_t:

Our old one gave up the ghost a long time ago, and have always wanted to make one......

<sigh>

TheBoss© finally figured out that some things just shouldn't be put in the dishwasher. :BangHead:

Max

max_in_graham

New User
Max
Max, you are more than welcome to join us. This group is open to anyone.

Jim,

Thanks for the invite! I'll keep any eye out for the next meeting info... (although I could prolly use a poke in the side to remind me.)

As a bit of an update, I could actually stand to clear out some of this "scrap" at any time now. I made a LOT more progress towards completion this weekend than I thought I would... (no pun intended).

I'll try to get a coupla' pix up today so that anyone interested can see what and how much there is... and yes, there IS a LOT!

Once I get my truck back from the shop, hopefully this afternoon, I could drop off some to you as soon as tomorrow... I need to make a run to Durham, and obviously, that takes me right through Hillsborough. My wife and and I make pretty consistent trips to Durham, so I can actually drop it off your way about any time. Or you're more than welcome to come out, see the studio insanity and pick out what you want... your preference!

I'll get pix posted up in a bit...

Thanx!
Max

max_in_graham

New User
Max
As promised... (albeit later than I thought) here are the pix of the "scrap" piles...

dscf0776.JPG

dscf0765.JPG

From left to right; Walnut, 1x8, 1x6, 1x4, less than 1x4 and 3/8" thick stock.

I didn't get pix of the cedar... that pile is still a bit of a work in progress, but it's probably gonna be about 25% more wood...

Status
Not open for further replies.

Premier Sponsor

Our Sponsors

LATEST FOR SALE LISTINGS