Free table saw - Gone!

tdotrob

New User
T.Rob
This is a massive cabinet saw from my father-in-law's production cabinet shop. It was working when removed from service but I have no way to test/demo the saw since it uses 220. I have a very nice table saw of my own and not interested in either running a new 220 line in my shop or figuring what to get rid of to make room for this beast so I'm hoping to find it a new home.

As you can see he seemed to need the table space more than the saw in recent years so the top needs some reconditioning and the cord is dry rotted. Also, this thing is mondo heavy so you'd need a lift gate or small army to load it up. Did I mention it's fre Pickup is University Area in Charlotte.

2021-04-17_11-23-54.png

2021-04-17_11-24-19.png

2021-04-17_11-24-48.png

tdotrob

New User
T.Rob
Ooooh. Free. Nobody has picked it up yet?

Sadly, no. And if I can't give them away soon both pieces of equipment will end up at the recycle center. Fingers crossed. I may try posting on that Vintage Equipment site that someone linked in my boring tool thread.

bob vaughan

Bob Vaughan
Senior User
Try owwm.org. You have to 'Join' and make a few posts first. Just pick a thread and post something like "nice machine" or something like that. Its protocol to keep the spammers out.
Post the ad on BOYD (the classifieds). Put a price of $10.00 on it.
Go to the search box and put in the name Wadkin. That's a highly desirable machine.

SabertoothBunny

SabertoothBunny
Corporate Member
Ooooooo, that looks quite nice. I don't have any 220 outlets and have no way to move it to my house. Oh well...

sawman101

Bruce Swanson
Corporate Member
I'll take it gladly! Didn't say much before because I lacked help to move it, but I can come and get it this next week--not sure which day yet but as soon as the truck comes in we'll be on it. Thank you very much for your great generosity!

Nccpl1313

New User
NC Kenny
This is a massive cabinet saw from my father-in-law's production cabinet shop. It was working when removed from service but I have no way to test/demo the saw since it uses 220. I have a very nice table saw of my own and not interested in either running a new 220 line in my shop or figuring what to get rid of to make room for this beast so I'm hoping to find it a new home.

As you can see he seemed to need the table space more than the saw in recent years so the top needs some reconditioning and the cord is dry rotted. Also, this thing is mondo heavy so you'd need a lift gate or small army to load it up. Did I mention it's fre Pickup is University Area in Charlotte.

View attachment 201277

View attachment 201278

View attachment 201279
Rob, if you haven't found a home for this yet, I would love to give it the love and care it needs.

tdotrob

New User
T.Rob
Rob, if you haven't found a home for this yet, I would love to give it the love and care it needs.
Thanks, Kenny. Bruce and I are working out an exchange but if it falls through I'll ping you to see if you are still interested. Either way I'll post here when it finds a new home.

-- T.Rob

tdotrob

New User
T.Rob
Bruce & his friendly crew picked up the saw today. Thanks for the replies and helping me re-home a pice of equipment that, with a bit of rehab, I'm sure has lots of life left.

tarheelz

Dave
Corporate Member
I'll be watching for pictures of the restoration. Once tuned back up, these big old machines always trigger some jealousy in me.

Oka

Casey
Corporate Member
Bruce do me a favor just dehydrate the saw put it in an envelope and send to me I'll risk the island's instability when I re-hydrate it... :p :D

Nice saw Congrats !!!

I'll take it gladly! Didn't say much before because I lacked help to move it, but I can come and get it this next week--not sure which day yet but as soon as the truck comes in we'll be on it. Thank you very much for your great generosity!

sawman101

Bruce Swanson
Corporate Member
Thank you TRob for your generosity. The Wadkin Table Saw and the horizontal boring machine are now living in the barn where I do most mechanical work. My plans are to restore it and the boring machine, finally giving them both a new coat of hammered green paint. I was surprised to find the saw wasn't as heavy as I feared it might be, but is a very solid saw with a lot of use left in it. He also threw in a Ryobi 10" miter saw, which I'm sure I'll find use for later. NCWW is made up of some of the nicest people in the world! Y'all rock!

sawman101

Bruce Swanson
Corporate Member
I also have to thank Jclrk (Jerry) and his boys Ray and Rudy for their assistance in getting the saw and boring machine, on and off the trailer--what a team, they simply picked the machines up and carried them. If I were to start my own football team, these 3 guys would be lineman! The 3 gentle giants!

Premier Sponsor

Our Sponsors

LATEST FOR SALE LISTINGS