free short sweetgum logs - Raleigh

Status
Not open for further replies.

CarvedTones

Board of Directors, Vice President
Andy
I mentioned in another thread I was about to have the tree cut. I did. They cut it in firewood size lengths. It is about 1' in diameter, maybe a little more. If anyone wants some, let me know. I will probably have to haul it somewhere to get rid of it, so I would deliver somewhat nearby Cary/Apex/Holly Springs or Raleigh toward this end if anyone will take a bunch.

CarvedTones

Andy
roughly 1' in diameter. Yes, you could make bowls. I got it cut now because my neighbor was having a few cut and I was able to get a good deal "while they were here". My neighbor had poplar and maple cut and was able to get someone to take his big logs, but there are a couple of decent pieces of ambrosia laying around that I could probably snag for you. It's better for bowls in the near term. The sweetgum is pretty when spalted properly. Hmmm... Maybe I should do a spalting workshop and give all the attendees some stock to work with. :)

CarvedTones

Andy
I will stick a few aside with ends sealed and see about getting a chunk of the ambrosia maple also. I just posted to CL offering to deliver a utility trailer load nearby for free. I just want it gone and I would rather it go to someone who will need it next winter than have it chipped. But I would be happy to make some available for turning or carving. I have more wood than I need right now

Status
Not open for further replies.

Premier Sponsor

Our Sponsors

LATEST FOR SALE LISTINGS