Free raffle ticket

Status
Not open for further replies.

mamas

New User
mamas
I bought 5 more tickets 5/11/16 and never got my numbers from an email confirmation. What do I do? It does show on my credit card statement payment of $25.00 for 5/11/16 Plus bought some prior to that on 4/29/16 but did not have a problem with getting my numbers, which was a quantity of 4 Who would have the 5 numbers that I never received? Meaning how do I contact them?

KenOfCary

Ken
Staff member
Corporate Member
I bought 5 more tickets 5/11/16 and never got my numbers from an email confirmation. What do I do? It does show on my credit card statement payment of $25.00 for 5/11/16 Plus bought some prior to that on 4/29/16 but did not have a problem with getting my numbers, which was a quantity of 4 Who would have the 5 numbers that I never received? Meaning how do I contact them?

I cannot find the transaction you refer to, but if you used a different email address or name for the card I might not see it. Contact us and we can verify the transaction and make it right if it was somehow missed by our automated processes.

Someone will contact you about this issue if you require follow-up - please keep this out of the general forums and contact us via Private Message or email at the addresses below as it involves personal information. I will not discuss it further here.

You can contact our treasurer at treasurer@ncwoodworker.net - our webmaster at webmaster@ncwoodworker.net or me at secretary@ncwoodworker.net. We will work with you to get this straightened out.

Phil S

Phil Soper
Staff member
Corporate Member
We ended at 69387something - cannot remember exactly. Except for a couple of out of reasonable range guesses, everybody was too low.

We sold a boat load of tickets at the picnic, which made for a very profitable raffle and we won't have to beg for $ for quite a long time.

Thanks

toolman

Administrator
Chad
Well looks like I missed by 165 to 175. Close only counts in horse shoe.

Last edited:

KenOfCary

Ken
Staff member
Corporate Member
OK, I have the rest of the ticket reel in my possession and thus the definitive answer. The last ticket sold was 693867. The reel is very tiny at this point.

Therefore we sold 1867 tickets for a gross of $9335.

We came 133 tickets short of selling $10,000 worth of tickets. Since we spent only $1700 on the prizes and another $750 or so on the picnic (food, door prizes, rental of the shelter, etc.) we did very well this year.

And more importantly, it seemed that everyone had a very good time at the picnic and I don't think that there were any *real* losers.

Woodman2k

Greg Bender
Corporate Member
Ken' Thanx for the explain on the ticket and also to share the good financial news. You always want to see good results from your efforts and the picnic organizers did a great job. I'm sorry not to have been able to make this year but a HVLP system will certainly ease the pain. Now we need to have a picnic a little west next year.
Greg

KenOfCary

Ken
Staff member
Corporate Member
There have been attempts - some successful and some not so - to organize picnics in other areas. They basically require a champion to organize and promote it. It is very hard to do so from a distance. When one succeeds in gaining momentum we usually support it financially.

On another note. Most of our Board which is mostly volunteer although elections do occur, is from our core area in Raleigh - exceptions are numerous - but if more of you volunteer to serve on the Board from other areas then the bulk of the activities will migrate to that area.

I constantly mention the word "champions" as nothing gets done around here without them. If you want something to happen then "champion" the cause and it *will* happen.

ehpoole

Administrator
Ethan
There have been attempts - some successful and some not so - to organize picnics in other areas. They basically require a champion to organize and promote it. It is very hard to do so from a distance. When one succeeds in gaining momentum we usually support it financially.

On another note. Most of our Board which is mostly volunteer although elections do occur, is from our core area in Raleigh - exceptions are numerous - but if more of you volunteer to serve on the Board from other areas then the bulk of the activities will migrate to that area.

I constantly mention the word "champions" as nothing gets done around here without them. If you want something to happen then "champion" the cause and it *will* happen.

Champions indeed! It is the nature of volunteer organizations that major happenings simply do not happen unless there is at least one person willing to take on all the burden of coordinating, planning, and promoting (and promoting, and then promoting some more). If one is fortunate a few more champions may materialize to offer some relief, but often times it really does come down to the unwavering commitment of one to truly will things into existence. So if you want it to happen badly enough and are willing to invest the time and energy then almost anything is possible. None of which is meant to discourage anyone as we need such people to step up and tackle such projects, but such is best approached with with that reality understood in advance so one does not get discouraged!

sawman101

Bruce Swanson
Corporate Member
Well looks like I missed by 165 to 175. Close only counts in horse shoe.

Ken' Thanx for the explain on the ticket and also to share the good financial news. You always want to see good results from your efforts and the picnic organizers did a great job. I'm sorry not to have been able to make this year but a HVLP system will certainly ease the pain. Now we need to have a picnic a little west next year.
Greg

There is some good news for you Greg. THE SECOND ANNUAL MID-WINTER BLAHS PICNIC, will be held in February of 2017, at the Pleasant Ridge Baptist Church, just west of Shelby. Not sure of the exact date, but as the event date comes closer, there will be plenty posted about it. Last year's picnic was very successful, and enjoyable. You won'the want to miss it. :eusa_danc

Status
Not open for further replies.

Premier Sponsor

Our Sponsors