Forum Access

Dee2

Board of Directors, Vice President
Gene
Staff member
Corporate Member
This should be in an "Off Topic" form but I didn't see it.

The Mac OS (Catalina) updated tonight and now I can't log onto to the ncwoodworker.net nor ncwoodworker.com from Safari. I get the "This site is not private." error with the option of returning to the previous page or closing. This was the same error I was getting when hitting the Home button at the top of the page, previously. Bottom line I cannot access the forum through Safari. Obviously it is hard to keep the forum current with all the browsers and their updates, to be sure.

OBTW, before the update and after the fix when I hit Home it went back to the *.org home page and I had to click the forum button to get back to reading.

I loaded Windows onto the Mac (via VMFusionWare) this weekend and am right now using the Microsoft Edge browser. And, I have to use the back button to return to the forum lists.

Last edited:

tijmt

Jared
User
I also get the cert error with Safari on Catalina. However, I was able to click through it by accepting the invalid cert.

Dee2

Gene
Staff member
Corporate Member
Now I get the error on Edge and the Android device. Strange.

Grimmy2016

Administrator
Scott
Hi all, It appears the process for auto renewing the SSL certificates failed at GoDaddy. We are trying to figure out what happened and get it resolved.

As for the HOME button on the forum, going forward it will take you to the .com site. Clicking FORUMS will take you to the list of forum discussions, like HOME used to do.

Dee2

Gene
Staff member
Corporate Member
Thank you for this update and all the work required to maintain the site.

Grimmy2016

Administrator
Scott
The certificates are updated. I think I've got the bugs out of the autoupdate (which by the way has nothing to do with godaddy).
Lets make sure we document the fixes since it wasnt what was originally thought. That way we have a record of what to look at if it happens again.

FlyingRon

Ron
It actually is documented in the administrator's guide in the dropbox. All I had to do is refresh my memory from that document.
Hopefully in a week or so, it will be done in a cron job so nobody had to manually update it anymore.

KenOfCary

Ken
Staff member
Corporate Member
We apologize to everyone affected by this outage. It was unfortunate and our Board of Directors has stepped in and done everything possible to prevent it happening in the future.

Many thanks to all who worked to solve the problems, and most importantly to our Web Master, Ron, who finally solved the problem and took steps to prevent similar things happening in future.

Again, we apologize for the inconvenience while we worked to resolve these issues.

Premier Sponsor

Our Sponsors

LATEST FOR SALE LISTINGS