Forstner bits

pop-pop

Man with many vises
Corporate Member
Been wanting a set of quality Forstner bits and saw these Fisch bits on sale at Highland Woodworking:

I started labeling the bits but need to clean the oil off better than I did to get decent adhesion.
42E46C38-266D-4C52-9026-498659F148E2.jpeg

Here is a sample 2-1/8” hole cut through 3/16" walnut (these bits are really sharp!).
E6E38935-BDDF-45B7-8E9F-431508D1B61B.jpeg

F62BF506-7B5E-4FBC-8B1A-9EF9C12CAFA1.jpeg

drw

Donn
Corporate Member
Mike, thanks for the head-up...I have been needing to upgrade my Forstner bits...I ordered a set while they were still on sale.

pop-pop

Man with many vises
Corporate Member
Mike, thanks for the head-up...I have been needing to upgrade my Forstner bits...I ordered a set while they were still on sale.
Donn, methinks that the sharpness will whelm you!

Reactions: drw

LocoWoodWork

Steve
Corporate Member
My son and DIL sent me a 16pc Black Shark set from ACMETOOLS.com for my Christmas present. When they arrived the FEDEX box was in great condition but upon opening the Fisch box had rattled open and half the bits were out and about. Not willing to chance it I refused delivery. Chatted with ACME customer service who cancelled that order and sent a replacement via UPS. I suggested that the Fisch box be taped in the future to prevent returns. And me thinks pop-pop was right regarding sharpness!

pop-pop

Man with many vises
Corporate Member
POP-POP
I like your labeling idea and think I will borrow that for my my own bits. Thanks.
It has worked well for me. I have a Brother labeler and buy their premium tape.

On other items, the adhesive survives dishwasher cycles.

Premier Sponsor

Our Sponsors

LATEST FOR SALE LISTINGS