Forstner bits

Mike Davis

Mike
Corporate Member
I was looking for a new set of forstner bits in 1/16 inch increment. But it seems there are only $300+ sets and sets that the reviews said were sharpened with road gravel.

Berta found a set of only the 1/16 inch bits from 5/16 to 15/16, just what I needed to fill in my old set.
So, I guess I will put off replacing my old bits for a while.

The new set came in a nicer box than the old one which is falling apart.
E2EDAD12-5088-4FB3-8D76-99B660AF6F60.jpeg

But I don’t have room for two boxes and I would like to have them all in one place. I thought about making a wood box but I’m short on time now so I just made the insert which can be moved to a wood box when I get time to make one.

1C25090D-A91F-467F-9DAC-3EAE133A0AA1.jpeg

I made a few mistakes being in a hurry but it will work.

JCAlton

New User
Cody Alton
On taytools there is the new? CMT Orange forstner bit set, but it goes in 1/8th increments from 1/4 to 2 1/8th. Regular price 199, on sale for 134.99, of you use coupon code CM16BIT20 CMT16BIT20 you can get it for 95.85.

I bought a set and they seem pretty good so far, although I just got them a week or so ago and have only used one bit for roughly 20 holes

Edit: I know you were needing 1/16 increments, just putting this here for anyone else in the market that could use it.

Last edited:

KenOfCary

Ken
Staff member
Corporate Member
MLCS - the router bit people - also sells some nice Forstner Bits. They have the very large ones - like 3 and 4 inches available individually. They also always have free shipping on everything they sell. Makes it easy to order a $15 router bit that I need but don't want to pay another $15 for shipping.

BWhitney

Bruce
Corporate Member
I was looking for a new set of forstner bits in 1/16 inch increment. But it seems there are only $300+ sets and sets that the reviews said were sharpened with road gravel.

Berta found a set of only the 1/16 inch bits from 5/16 to 15/16, just what I needed to fill in my old set.
So, I guess I will put off replacing my old bits for a while.

The new set came in a nicer box than the old one which is falling apart.
View attachment 195673

But I don’t have room for two boxes and I would like to have them all in one place. I thought about making a wood box but I’m short on time now so I just made the insert which can be moved to a wood box when I get time to make one.

View attachment 195674
I made a few mistakes being in a hurry but it will work.
Who makes them? Where can they be ordered?

Pop Golden

New User
Pop
I have the standard set I got from Klingspore. I then bought the "fill-in" set from Grizzly.When I replace my standard set it will be the Grizzly. The Grizzly are carbide and real Frostners not saw tooth. It's a good product.

Pop

Jeff

New User
Jeff
Your picture has 12 Forstner bits. You bought your new set from Rockler, but it's only 6 bits. So you used your 6 old bits to make the 12 bit set.

Screen Shot 2020-08-15 at 4.22.13 PM.png

Last edited:

Premier Sponsor

Our Sponsors

LATEST FOR SALE LISTINGS