For woodworking equals double price

Status
Not open for further replies.

sawduster

New User
Robert
and let's not forget "Ye Olde Pen Disassembly Toole" sold in various sets and special configurations at most fine online pen supply outlets for anywhere from $12.50 to almost $30 :eek:
....as opposed to my transfer punch set bought at HF for $5.99 :rolleyes:

Same tools ........different marketing :dontknow:

Tar Heel

New User
Stuart
Bruce, for cheap milk, go to Costco in Durham or Raleigh...it's $2.59 a gallon. But considering all the gas you would use on a roundtrip from Apex, it would result in a hefty price/gallon. :icon_scra

CatButler

New User
Bryan
As a follow up, I found 100" camellia (tea seed) oil at the Grand Asia Market in Cary, NC for 8.99 for 650 ml. The big label is in some Asian language, but on the side it says camellia and tea seed. I've researched it a bit. Some people swear by it and add a bit of mineral spirits to the food brand to make it a little thinner.

I'll report on the progress.

Gotcha6

Dennis
Staff member
Corporate Member
I guess all this goes to show you if you got money to burn, there's always somebody willing to help tend the fire. :gar-La;

richlife

New User
Rich
With all the weird stuff in water these days - I think you may have to revise your claim of 100% H20. If you do find 100% H20 I would think you could sell it for far more than $4.00 a gallon
Thanks

I hate to disabuse you on this one, Jeff. But you can go to any Lowe's and buy 100% H2O for $0.98/gal -- it's called (sit down, get ready) "Distilled Water". (Makes ideal latex paint thinner. :cool: ) But you actually can go one better and buy the 1 1/2 gallon size for $1.87!

(Truth in posting: I'm not really sure about those prices, since it's been a few months since I got any for my CPAP unit, but the disparity is factual. The prices may be $1.97 and $2.87 (or some such). But, also to be truthful, the $2.87 version comes with a jim-dandy spigot that is difficult to manage and frequently leaks -- so in the end, you get only about 1 actual gallon for the "better" (higher) price.) :gar-La;

Rich

CarvedTones

Board of Directors, Vice President
Andy
One of my favorites is the "fret puller", which you will find at luthier specialty places for $30 or so. They are end nippers ground flat right where the jaws come together. A <$5 pair of end nippers (as little as $2 for no name imports) and a few seconds at the grinder and you have the same thing.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Premier Sponsor

Our Sponsors

LATEST FOR SALE LISTINGS