FOR SALE.....Walnut, rough cut, air dried (Sold)

dino drosas

Dino
Corporate Member
I have had this walnut for for several years. Rough cut - all 1 inch thick. stored in shipping container. Several wide boards over 12 feet long.
Located in Myrtle Beach. Number of board feet ???? Take it all for $2.50 per board feet. I have no interest in selling it piece by piece
IMG_1609.JPG

Southern_Canuk

New User
James
Stack is roughly 16 high, 3 boards wide and he said longest pieces are 12 ft so roughly somewhere around $1400 give or take a bit at $2.50 a BF. That would be my best rough guess looking at this picture.

Last edited:

mquan01

Mike
Corporate Member
wish I had the space.. It would also be my first trip to Myrtle Beach and we have lived in Charlotte 19 years :)

Hmerkle

Board of Directors, Development Director
Hank
Staff member
Corporate Member
We should probably organize a lumber run for those who want to.
It would get Dino what he wants without having to split it or sell it piece by piece.

for example, I would like a few boards - 3-5, but even if he was willing - I wouldn't run down to Myrtle for them!

Southern_Canuk

New User
James
We should probably organize a lumber run for those who want to.
It would get Dino what he wants without having to split it or sell it piece by piece.

for example, I would like a few boards - 3-5, but even if he was willing - I wouldn't run down to Myrtle for them!
If we could get a lumber run going, I would be in for 5 boards or so. I have a few projects in mind that walnut would look good with.

dino drosas

Dino
Corporate Member
That total BF might be a bit over estimated. I do not think there is that much. I do know that I want to see it gone. I will make worth coming to get it!!! You can give me a call at 843-267-7744

Tarhead

Mark
Corporate Member
wish I had the space.. It would also be my first trip to Myrtle Beach and we have lived in Charlotte 19 years :)
It would be worth the trip! I've visited Dino and eaten at his restaurant. He is a very talented woodworker with a truly drool-worthy shop.

Hmerkle

Hank
Staff member
Corporate Member
It would be worth the trip! I've visited Dino and eaten at his restaurant. He is a very talented woodworker with a truly drool-worthy shop.
Well heck - if there is food involved!LOL

Hmerkle

Hank
Staff member
Corporate Member
O.K. so who is closest to Dino (Myrtle) and either has a truck or truck and trailer?
Then, who could get it back to some reasonably populated area (at least populated by NCWWers that are interested)
I guess, first what is a location central to those interested?

(I am a little too far away and really wouldn't trust my junk truck to go that far!)

HMH

Heath Hendrick
Senior User
Similar boat in unfortunately not having the time for an MB out and back these days, but would certainly be in for 100bf or so, if this goes the path of a group buy. Glad to pay above the $2.50 bulk price to the individual that makes the run to help recoup time/ fuel, etc of course.

Assuming ~560 bf or so, per the above eye-balled math, and at ~3.8#/bf, that would come out to somewhere around 1700-1800#. That's getting there, but should be just shy of the ~1.9-2K load capacity for a 3500# -single axle trailer 12' or longer if that helps.

Last edited:

Rjgooden

Big Ron
User
I have a truck and trailer but I am 4 hours away, and when I got it I would be in bath which is probably still a bit far for most of you. Has anyone locked down a price with Dino? I would hate to drive down and not have enough money.

Hmerkle

Hank
Staff member
Corporate Member
Yea, @Rjgooden we need to "end up" closer to a central location (not counting me awayout in Greenville SC) and I vote that an 8 hour round-trip for you is a little too long!

Premier Sponsor

Our Sponsors

LATEST FOR SALE LISTINGS