floor squeaks in doublewide

Status
Not open for further replies.

sawduster

New User
Robert
I've got a squeaky floor . :BangHead: puts tons of screws in it while replacing the carpet and couldn't fix it. Research tells me that i can go underneath and tighten the lags that are holding the wooden frame to the metal chassis . Anyone have any experience with this and can offer some pointers ? Seems fairly straightforward to me but I have never done it . Any input welcome :icon_thum

Glennbear

Glenn
I had a travel trailer with squeaky floors and rather than deal with creepy crawlies on the underside I used a liberal amount of talcum powder worked into floor seams. :wsmile: Nowadays they sell general purpose aerosol dry lubes which may work also. :wwink:

sawduster

New User
Robert
We actually tried the powder trick along with lots of screws. That is what helped us determine that it may not be individual panels but the entire frame moving. I was hoping to avoid the creepy crawlies myself but short of coercing someone to do it, i'm gonna be crawlin on my belly like a reptile :gar-Bi hopefully only once :eusa_pray
Thanx for the tip though, never heard of it until this recent project :icon_thum

navy1990

New User
Matt
I saw a tip in a DIY magazine once. It said to go under the house and use pocket screws through the floor joists into the flooring. It makes sense because the screws would pull the floor down and hold at an angle so that the floor doesn't back off of the screws.

JackLeg

New User
Reggie
I saw a tip in a DIY magazine once. It said to go under the house and use pocket screws through the floor joists into the flooring. It makes sense because the screws would pull the floor down and hold at an angle so that the floor doesn't back off of the screws.

Yep, get out that Kreg Mini Jig and your drill and some screws! That should quieten her down!:wsmile:

Status
Not open for further replies.

Premier Sponsor

Our Sponsors

LATEST FOR SALE LISTINGS