Flight Tray

Status
Not open for further replies.

Dave Richards

Dave
Senior User
Playing with a simple idea for a flight tray. I might have to make a bunch of them.

Has anyone else made such a thing? I'd be interested in seeing your designs. Not a real fan of the paddle design.

Jeff

New User
Jeff
Physical flight from the US to more enlightened places so take your tequila or vodka with you? Seriously, what is the paddle design and how will these trays be used, carried, displayed? :dontknow:

Sorry, but the "Stupor" Bowl is nearly here.

Jeff

Skymaster

New User
Jack
with stretchers under the holes i see instability for the glasses, especially in motion/flight. INMHO only good sir. glasses cannot seat deep within the hole

Tarhead

Mark
Corporate Member
You guys need to get out more!
When you go to a Brew Pub you can order a "Flight" of small glasses of different beers to sample. Most of the versions I've seen have been in a carrier. Do you know the specs on the glasses?

Dave Richards

Dave
Senior User
You guys need to get out more!

:rotflm:
Do you know the specs on the glasses?

The glasses in the drawing are a pretty accurate rendition of the glasses I have. Of course I measured them with the dial caliper I keep by my computer for just such occasions.

I thought about number tags or something but for this one it won't matter.

Don't really want to make a box. $30 seems a bit steep but for those who can't make their own, I suppose it's not bad.

Dave Richards

Dave
Senior User
Around here, a flight is usually 4. You live in a generous place. Lucky you.

Roy G

F-Town Brewing sets them up in sixes although I expect they'd do fours if requested. I guess I won't need to fill all of the glasses I have if there's not enough beer. ;)

woodworker2000

Christopher
Corporate Member
One reason pubs might prefer the paddle over the tray is that the paddle can be carried with one hand. The tray looks like it would require 2 hands to carry.

Skymaster

New User
Jack
Gentleman, As a non drinker, PILOT when I see flight anything my brain immediately goes "airborne" :rotflm::gar-La;

enjoy my knot knowing :D:gar-Bi

Dave Richards

Dave
Senior User
Yes. But they were cheap to make. I'm not making it for them, though. Well, maybe if they see my design they'll want to replace the ones they have. I'm not holding my breath, though.

Besides, it's the beer that goes in the glasses that is really important. They seem to have that part figured out.

redknife

Chris
Corporate Member
Develop, is that design at the top such that you can get your fingers under the sides to carry it? It looks like it would be hard to grab but maybe my eyes are reading it wrong.

Dave Richards

Dave
Senior User
Develop, is that design at the top such that you can get your fingers under the sides to carry it? It looks like it would be hard to grab but maybe my eyes are reading it wrong.

Yes. As designed the bottom of the maple piece is about 5/8 in. above the table.

Mike Davis

Mike
Corporate Member
I think Develop is a good nick name for Dave.

And I didn't have a clue either, haven't been to a bar in 30 years.

LB75

George
I do like the design and is a nice change from the typical paddle at most tap houses, but would be worried about stability of the glasses when carrying it one-handed. Could you double the thickness of the top board to give a little more "hug factor" to the glasses?

Dave Richards

Dave
Senior User
George, that might do it. I was thinking about making the rails a bit taller and putting notches in them to allow the glasses to sit down a bit more.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Premier Sponsor

Our Sponsors

LATEST FOR SALE LISTINGS