Fleck 5600 SXT Water Softener

junquecol

Bruce
Senior User
Our water has some lime in it, even thopugh we are in an area of no know limestone deposits. We bought a water softener a couple weeks back, which I installed. Bought the Fleck 5600 SXT, made by Pentair, (the same people who sold Delta / Porter Cable to B&D.) Looking on line, every review had this model in their top five water softeners. After prepping pipe for water softener, took less than two hours to install. I hooked it up using 1" PVC, same as rest of piping in water storage building. If I had used SS quick connect lines, would have been less than a half hour . Watched several you tubes on installation, and programing softener. Our water had six grains of hardness, which means water softener will do 7800 gallons of water before needing to recharge. Suggested program was to set manual recharge to 14 days. It recharges automatically after 7800 gallons of usage. Based upon two weeks of usage, we won't use 7800 gallons for almost a month and a half, so I set manual recharge to 45 days just in case. Been very pleased so far. Biggest adjustment was to rinse after showering. Our skin feels like there is still soap on it, but it's our natural body oils. I bought it from Amazon seller, Apluswater systems for $576+ tax. Delivery was on third day from placing order, with install that afternoon. So that's where part of our stimulus check went. New roof (40+ years old) for shop will take the rest, plus some change.

Reactions: Oka

junquecol

Bruce
Senior User
After a month of usage, all is well. Surprised by how little water wife and I use. As of today, we have used a little less than 2000 gallons. That works out to about 57 gallons per day. Water saving shower head, water saving toilets, and five acres of outdoor bathroom (men's only). Because this unit will do 7800 gallons before needing a recharge, the setting for days, instead of gallons would be a little over four months. Unfortunately, maximum setting is 99 days, which means it will recharge before it actually needs to.

Premier Sponsor

Our Sponsors

LATEST FOR SALE LISTINGS