First stationary tool now that I have a garage

Status
Not open for further replies.

Kicbak

New User
Wes
Before we moved to Amsterdam, I was working out of a spare bedroom. Sold the house, moved to Amsterdam for 2 years, moved back into a bigger house. New house has a 2 car garage and I finally can buy something big, heavy and powerful. Had 220 installed last Thursday.

Picked up a Laguna 14 SUV from Woodcraft last night. Still setting it up but I do have 1 pic in progress. You can see the tiny 10" jet I used in the old house...I will keep it for a while with a 1/4" blade for cutting quick patterns.
bandsaw.jpg

I don't plan on having a TS and use my Festool to do most cuts. I wanted to be able to rip face frames and narrow strips that isn't quick and easy without a TS. Bit the bullet and got the Driftmaster and resaw blade as well. Hopefully I get to cut something tonight.

Wes

Kicbak

New User
Wes
I got to cut some wood finally after some annoying set up problems.
1) J-bar for the mobility kit had a broken wheel, WC swapped it out.
2) Laguna's own driftmaster fence doesn't fit without DRILLING the existing fence holes larger...easy with a HSS bit but, really, annoying to modify an expensive tool to use the companies own fence.
3) Getting the bar that holds the fence aligned wasn't very intuitive.
4) The saw comes with hex set, but not including the gigantic one needed to mount the mobility kit. Luckily my road bike tool kit had the enormous hex for the removing bike cranks.

Once it was set up with a 1/4 blade and cutting some 2x4 and some oak, I was really impressed. So much power. It ripped through without even noticing. It totally removed, from my mind, the annoyances initially setting it up. The driftmaster is awesome, getting the blade dialed in was 20-30 seconds.

If anyone is around Carrboro/Chapel Hill wants to check it out when looking to buy a bandsaw, feel free to send me a message.

Wes

wwidmer

New User
Bill
Congrats, I have heard very good things about Laguna.

... Laguna's own driftmaster fence doesn't fit without DRILLING the existing fence holes larger...easy with a HSS bit but, really, annoying to modify an expensive tool to use the companies own fence.
Wes

I'm guessing the driftmaster must be a lot beefier than the stock fence thus the larger screws? Glad you are happy with it after your tribulations and it is performing to and beyond expectations.

Enjoy

Status
Not open for further replies.

Premier Sponsor

Our Sponsors

LATEST FOR SALE LISTINGS