First Scupltured Rocking Chair Class (Hickory, NC)

Status
Not open for further replies.

woodguy1975

New User
John
Ok guys, I've been stealthly working with some of the guys on the schedule for the rocking chair course that I am going to offer. We have 3 definite students who are good to go and have room for a fourth. The current studen list is Steve D, Insomniac, and JohnsonMBrandon. The class will be 6 full days in my shop spread out over the course of a couple months. Here is the schedule.

The dates of the classes will be Jan 28st, Feb 11th, March 4th, March 25th, April 22nd, and May 6th.

The cost for the class will be $150 per student to cover my materials and supplies for operating the class. We have already decided to do a bulk buy in Walnut for our chairs as well. The chairs require about 75 bdft of wood so the wood cost will be around $360 at best.

There will be a few rasps you'll need to have for the course and a lot of will power. I think $150 in tools will get you going if you don't have anything on the list.

So, who wants in on this class.? First post gets the open spot in this course!!!

woodguy1975

New User
John
hpetty said:
If the slot is still open I'll TAKE IT!!!

I'll send you a PM with my contact info.

Hpetty has the last spot!:eusa_clap :eusa_clap :eusa_clap

It will be a well documented saga. We'll keep everyone of the forum up on how we progress throug the rockers and the class.

Thanks,

John

clowman

Clay Lowman
Corporate Member
You guys won't regret it, John is a great teacher. Be sure you keep a through photo journal !

woodguy1975

New User
John
JSR Woodworking reserves the right to all photos taken during the class. :lol: :lol: :lol: Gotta keep it quiet or people won't need to take the class. :rolf:

I'll be taking lots of pics. The students are the ones that are going to be working up a sweat. :eusa_danc

hpetty

New User
Hugh
Working up a sweat?? In January??? Note to self: Investigate these new energy drinks before going to John's class.

Seriously, I can't wait for the class to start. :p

woodguy1975

New User
John
Pump up guys. You're going to need the muscle. LOL Steve D is already pumping iron. Seriously it will be a fair amount of work, but absolutely a labor of love.

John

Status
Not open for further replies.

Premier Sponsor

Our Sponsors

LATEST FOR SALE LISTINGS