First Scrolling projects in more than a year

Status
Not open for further replies.

Hook

New User
Gregory
Since my wreck, last year, I've struggled tremendously with using my hand. Alas, I've started to take an "oh screw it and just do it" attitude. Unfortunately, this does involve a good deal of pain during the blade changing process. :wmad: I need to figure out a way to modify the process on my saw to make it less painful. :icon_scra Either that, or find a saw that makes the blade changing process smooth as butter. I actually have to use two hands, now, to close the lever that clamps the blade (this is due to the lack of strength and the nerve damage in both hands). Don't get me wrong, I'm not complaining about the pain (or maybe I am a little), I'm just glad to be getting back into it.

Pattern by Kevin Daly
DSCF000227.JPG

Pattern from one of my 2010 issues of Scrollsaw Woodworking & Crafts (I think)
DSCF000326.JPG

Now, on to the orders I wasn't able to fill last year... maybe I can get at least one of them done this year. :wsmile:

sawduster

New User
Robert
Good to see ya in the saddle again bro :icon_cheers You could make some ergonomic enlargements for the handles on your blades and maybe make them easier to grasp and turn . Steve Good has a basic pattern on his sight that you might can modify :eusa_thin

welcome back man :icon_thum

b4man

New User
Barbara
I have missed seeing you here! Good to know you are working on getting back down to business:icon_thum

Keep us posted and keep on keepin' on:eusa_clap:eusa_clap:eusa_clap

Sealeveler

Tony
Corporate Member
Good to hear you're getting back at it.The cuttings are looking good,you'll get them orders filled yet.
Tony

AmishWarlord

New User
Mitch
What kind saw are you using and how are the blades held in?

My old Dremal was a PITA to change blades. There was this guy on the net that was selling a conversion kit to make it easier and faster to change blades.

Also since necessity is a mother of invention, and pain is the most efficient teacher, maybe you could invent a new pain free system to hold those blades in and patten it!

I'm thinking about holding blocks that funnel the blade into position. Then large but lightened lever system with cams that lock the blades in place.

cskipper

Cathy
It looks like you haven't missed a beat in your scrolling - good as ever! It is really wonderful seeing you back at it. I don't know what saw you are using, but try Sawdusters' suggestion and check Steve Goode's site for some fixes he made. Really great to see you scrolling again!

Hook

New User
Gregory
The saw is a 16" Delta Shopmaster SS350 (I think). It's a pretty solid (not to mention HEAVY :eek: ) saw. I bought it from a member here, and it's been a pretty good saw for the time I've had it. I'm probably close to having worn it out. For the past 3 or so years I've been using nothing but Flying Dutchman blades, typically the #5 skip tooth variety. I think once I've finally settled with the insurance company, I may be looking for a 20" Dewalt and just keep the Delta around for angled cuts.

ScottM

Scott
Staff member
Corporate Member
Greg nice work.... Glad you are back making sawdust again.

BTW you really need to try out some of the Fly Dutchman Ultra reverse blades.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Premier Sponsor

Our Sponsors

LATEST FOR SALE LISTINGS