First pens!

Status
Not open for further replies.

GeorgeL

New User
George
Alex, my 11 year old, was busy on the lathe this weekend. Here are some shots of his first attempt at pen turning. Please give him your feedback. The first two are Bubinga the thrid is African Blackwood.

George

IMG_8930_800x600_.JPG

IMG_8927_800x600_.JPG

IMG_8932_800x600_.JPG

DaveO

New User
DaveO
Awesome all around. The fit and finsh look great. I am most partial to the middle one. The Bubinga looks great with the black Ti/gunmetal plating.
Tell Alex that I'm very impressed, they are much better than my first attempts.

Dave:icon_cool

ebarr

New User
Wayne
Alex,

Very Nice:icon_thum.

I couldn't have done better myself. Looks like you might have to teach your dad a few things!!!!

nelsone

New User
Ed
Alex, put down the gouge and step away from the lathe...you're making us old guys look bad!
:rotflm:

You have done a very nice job on those pens!

CaptainCowie

New User
Marcus
Very nice indeed! It's hard to believe he is only 11 years old. I can't wait to see what he ends up making in the future. You both must be very proud, and for good reason!

mcoston2

New User
michael
Great looking pens. It is amazing what a child can do.
Great job Alex. Keep on keeping on.
:icon_chee:icon_chee:icon_chee:icon_chee:icon_chee

jsjordan

New User
Joel Jordan
Wat to go Alex! :icon_chee Great job on the pens!

My favorites are the Bubinga pens because I love that wood so much. But I like the style of the third pen the best because it is the most comfortable to hold in my grubby paws.:D

Congratulations and look forward to seeing more of these beauties!

Badabing

New User
Joe
Really nice work Alex! It's hard to believe those are you first pens :icon_thum

The only feedback I can offer is with the photography. I have been struggling recently with taking pictures of my pens. I asked a friend of mine that is into photography to help me out. He suggested a couple of things:
1. use a light background so it doesn't dominate the picture
2. use lots of lights so there are no shadows around the pen
3. use a stand to hold the pen so the clip shows nicely
4. use a tripod and open the aperture so the whole pen is in focus

So far, I've been able to get much better pictures but I'm still working on it. I hope this info helps you out too! Great pens though, keep up the good work :biggrin9gp:

GeorgeL

New User
George
Really nice work Alex! It's hard to believe those are you first pens :icon_thum

The only feedback I can offer is with the photography. I have been struggling recently with taking pictures of my pens. I asked a friend of mine that is into photography to help me out. He suggested a couple of things:
1. use a light background so it doesn't dominate the picture
2. use lots of lights so there are no shadows around the pen
3. use a stand to hold the pen so the clip shows nicely
4. use a tripod and open the aperture so the whole pen is in focus

So far, I've been able to get much better pictures but I'm still working on it. I hope this info helps you out too! Great pens though, keep up the good work :biggrin9gp:

Joe,

Thanks for the tips. I take full responsibility for the photography. These pictures were shot at the last minute and do not do justice to Alex's work.

George

Status
Not open for further replies.

Premier Sponsor

Our Sponsors

LATEST FOR SALE LISTINGS