First Pens Since WoodGuys Class

Status
Not open for further replies.

JohnsonMBrandon

New User
Brandon Johnson
These are the first three pens that I have turned since Woodguys class.

I goofed on the one on the right. I meant for the pen grip to be opposite of what it is. It was getting late......woodworking under time constraints will make you do stupid stuff. However, the pen still looks pretty cool either way. I guess thats the beauty of it all. I can always say "I planned it that way" :lol:

Last edited:

DaveO

New User
DaveO
They are all beautiful, but I especially like the middle one. What kind of wood is it? Great job, WG must teach well. Dave:)

clowman

Clay Lowman
Corporate Member
Nice job Brandon. Woodguy is indeed a great teacher. I can't wait to get my lathe.

D L Ames

New User
D L Ames
Great job Brandon, those turned out very nice.:icon_thum Had you turned any pens before these?

D L

JohnsonMBrandon

New User
Brandon Johnson
Just the one pen that I turned in Johns class. These took me forever though. I still have to perfect the process and learn from my mistakes.......and there are a few you just can't see them in the pics.

cskipper

Cathy
Brandon, you pens look great! Which kind of finish are you using? Every pen is unique - whether it turned out as originally planned or not. The important thing is that you didn't toss it out when it wasn't what you planned, but that you made it into something equally cool. Good job! Yeah, WG did do a good job teaching us (even if he infected us- mostly Clay and now his son - will it ever end??? Hope not).

woodguy1975

New User
John
That is some fine looking pens Brandon. You're doing very well. I'm glad to see that you are stepping beyond the kit shapes too. You can take a slimline and make so many different pens. Great job.

You are making me wish I took a pic of the corn cobb pen I started in class. I finihsed it up to give to my dad for his birthday. He likes the unusual pens I make. They are good conversation peices.

Keep it up dude.

John

Status
Not open for further replies.

Premier Sponsor

Our Sponsors

LATEST FOR SALE LISTINGS