First attempt finished

Status
Not open for further replies.

jerrye

New User
Jerry
Center medallion, painted white, is the scrollsaw work. Pattern by Sam Custodio. The backer and framing of the medallion is my idea. I'm happy with it; soon I'll find out if the recipient is also happy with it.

attachment.php

attachment.php

Attachments

• Lineman full.jpg
    Lineman full.jpg
    721.1 KB · Views: 366
  • Lineman medallion.jpg
    Lineman medallion.jpg
    463.6 KB · Views: 458
Last edited:

ScottM

Scott
Staff member
Corporate Member
Great job Jerry. Looks like you caught the scrolling fever.....

Gotcha6

Dennis
Staff member
Corporate Member
I've looked at this piece several times and the scroll work is great. But I must ask, is there any significance in the fact that the gear appears to be akin to a clock escape gear?

jerrye

New User
Jerry
I've looked at this piece several times and the scroll work is great. But I must ask, is there any significance in the fact that the gear appears to be akin to a clock escape gear?

I have no idea Dennis. This was one of the designer's patterns that my friend chose to have me cut for her husband. The designer has several different patterns that have this gear/saw blade/whatever it is outline.

Last edited:

jerrye

New User
Jerry
Nice job!!! What are the dimensions? Who is the designer?

The medallion is about 8" in diameter, cut from 1/4" ply. The framing is also 1/4 ply, 9 1/2" wide by 14 1/2" high, including the power poles, which are 5/8" dowels. Designer of the medallion is Sam Custodio. Designer of the framing is moi.

ScottM

Scott
Staff member
Corporate Member

There are a number of designers that use the shape of saws and other easily recognized items (circular saw blades, hand saws, two man saws, rifle stock, boots, etc) as the back drop for their art work.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Premier Sponsor

Our Sponsors

LATEST FOR SALE LISTINGS