Finished Project - Lazy Susans

Status
Not open for further replies.

NOTW

Notw
Senior User
A couple of lazy Susans I recently made at the wife’s request. The lazy Susans feature a half size checker board in the middle with Pecan and Mahogany and then Mahogany around the outside. Finished with Waterlox.
I was having so much fun I decided to make matching coasters out of the same wood, (10) in all. They are finished with Spar Urethane to help protect against condensation from cups. Then I turned a couple of holders for them and cut a slot in the side to make them easier to get out. Fun project and made the wife happy…win-win. Thanks for looking.

attachment.php
attachment.php
attachment.php
attachment.php

Attachments

• IMG_0549.jpg
    IMG_0549.jpg
    400.5 KB · Views: 155
  • IMG_0548.jpg
    IMG_0548.jpg
    209.6 KB · Views: 154
  • IMG_2218.jpg
    IMG_2218.jpg
    204.9 KB · Views: 149
  • IMG_2231.jpg
    IMG_2231.jpg
    181 KB · Views: 150

NOTW

Notw
Senior User
Very nice, I like the idea of matching coasters. How did you make the tiny checker boards?

Cut 1/4" strips, alternating glue up and then cross cut them into 1/4" strips. Then sweated a lot as I aligned them together in the clamps. Same process as the larger ones just much smaller. Made this as a long block and then cut "slices" for the individual coasters. hope that makes sense.

KenOfCary

Ken
Staff member
Corporate Member
With the checker board on a Lazy Susan I guess if you start to lose you can just spin it around to the other side.

Very nicely done. I might try one of those someday. Gotta get the shop back functional first though.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Premier Sponsor

Our Sponsors

LATEST FOR SALE LISTINGS