Finished my DT jig storage box

Status
Not open for further replies.

DaveO

New User
DaveO
Well, it's done...almost a few more coats of Waterlox, but they won't change the way it looks.

Doors closed:
LeighboxAva017.jpg

Doors open:

LeighboxAva015.jpg

Jig retainer detail:

LeighboxAva021.jpg

Leigh cut DT details:

LeighboxAva018.jpg

Thanks for looking!!!!:-D

ChrisC

New User
Christopher Cain
Right nice looking box there Dave.

Does it have feet under it, or do you just have it resting on blocks.

DaveO

New User
DaveO
Chris, it's just resting on blocks, so I can wipe off any drips from the finish. The blocks are the scrap cut outs from my last round of bandsaw boxes. Thanks, for the complients, Dave:)

M

McRabbet

Very nicely done.... :eusa_clap But, didn't I see a solid cardboard box in the background pf one of your recent pics -- you know, one that UPS will take ... and I thought I saw my address on it... I'd even kick in for the tariff ... and those nifty clips will hold that gem-of-a-jig D1600 right in place during shipment! :p Seriously, just a superb job!

Monty

New User
Monty
That's VERY nice! I'm glad you finished it... now maybe I'll be motivated to finish mine! I like your drawer design. I'll have to retrofit a drawer into mine... still pondering that one!

One question - will the door handles clear the workpiece that hangs down out the front of the jig? I'm sure even if it doesn't, it would only RARELY be a problem, and would be easy to work around.

Anyway, again: nice job! Now you're Leigh Dovetail Jig Certified!!! :icon_thum

DaveO

New User
DaveO
Insom. good point, I haven't checked, but if it doesn't I can just turn the box around and let the back be the front..it'll work then.

Dave:)

cskipper

Cathy
You did a great job! Ya'll keep it up and I may have to try to build something instead of just the stuff I do (of course, I'll start with something MUCH simpler).
You're an inspriation.

DaveO

New User
DaveO
Ya'll have to bring up that USPS deal again, I had almost calmed down, now I am re-loading.:XXbazooka

DaveO

New User
DaveO
Thanks, Jay, for the compliments, but you haven't seen my shop (check out my gallery), it's like summer vacation ...no class:lol: :lol: :lol:

Status
Not open for further replies.

Premier Sponsor

Our Sponsors

LATEST FOR SALE LISTINGS