Finally the Official Complete Return of Woodguy :)

Status
Not open for further replies.

woodguy1975

New User
John
John,

Big machinery is still to be had, just 2 weeks ago you missed a Newman J-60 16" jointer for $898, and a Industrial Vacu-Press system for $175 plus a bag. I'm just re-planting the seed brother :gar-Bi

Welcome back, and let us know when you need the muscle.

I'd expect nothing less from you Mike! :) Boy I feel like I have a lot of catching up to do. Now I've got to find the middle ground between the old woodworking me and the new marathon, ultra marathon, triathlon me. :) Gotta make room for the tools and the bikes. :)

On the top of my list to buy is some new dust collection. I sold off the Oneida when I closed down the last shop. I plan on going to at the point collection versus the network I had before so I'll be buying a few collectors and having them local to groups of tools. We'll see how that works out... of course I've got walls to put up, lighting to get up, electrical to run, slat wall to find... boy my list is long. :) At least I have the 100amp sub ready and waiting in the shop.

woodguy1975

New User
John
I've been in Campbellsville KY all week so not much moving has taken place since last weekend. Tomorrow will be shop move in phases 2 and 3 plus a removal of a sliding glass door for a double opening french door so I can actually get equipment in the shop. :) My FIL is helping with the door change out. It looks like I may be doing a bigger move of equipment on Saturday May 19th. If we can work it out I'll need help in Hickory at Baker's Mtn Storage in the morning and some extra hands around lunch at the house. :) Of course there should be time to grab some lunch. :) I'll keep eveyone posted... first step is changing out the door so I can physically get the equipment into the shop. :)

woodguy1975

New User
John
Sorry guys, didn't think about the picnic. Unfortunately I'm going to be tied Saturday.. Given the date of the picnic I'm going to move the move to either Sunday the 20th or Saturday 26th. I actually think Saturday 26th will be they day. I've already got one volunteer with a 16' trailer and then with my 12' trailer we'll be able to do the entire move in one day. I'm going to check with the wife and post back on the final day. I appreciate all the offers for help.. Without you guys I don't know how I'd get this stuff moved. :)

I did spend the weekend loading my huge load of walnut into the new shop and anything I could personally move. I also got a hand from my FIL to get the door changed out so we are good to go. Why anyone would put a sliding glass door on a basement is beyond me, but I now have a beautiful set of french doors on the back of the shop now ready for the move. :)

bwat

New User
Bill
Again, glad to help any day except Saturday of the picnic. I can also help you store some of that "huge load of walnut" just down the street if you need added storage :gar-Bi.

Glennbear

Glenn
Welcome back John, very nice looking place. May is an ideal time of year to move, I did it 5 years ago. :wsmile:

woodguy1975

New User
John
Ok guys.. The official moving day is going to be Saturday May 26th. I'm going to need 1-2 additional volunteers in Hickory and Mooresville to help. :) As always I'll treat everyone to lunch after the move. I'm thinking about meeting at the storage unit (Bakers Mtn Storage off 127S behind Hardees) at 9am. Please let me know if you can come out and help. With two trailers we should be able to move everything in the unit at once.

Thanks again for all the help. I wouldn't know what to do about moving this stuff without you guys.

Jerry, concerning classes that is a big maybe.... It will take me a couple years to get the shop operational to the point I can think about it. I may look into other locations to have a rocker class or two. ;)

bwat

New User
Bill
My son is in town for that weekend so not available for the Hickory leg but will find time to help unload and move in. Keep me posted. Bill

woodguy1975

New User
John
It looks like we are lined up with folks on the Mooresville end. I need just one more person to help on the Hickory end of things. We should only need a hand for an hour at most. I've moved all I can and all that remains is my TS, TS extension table with router, Disc Sander, Lathe, jointer, planer, and bandsaw. The only piece we need extra hands on is the BS in all honesty. We should get over to hickory mid morning. Anyone able to make it?

Thanks,

John

M

McRabbet

John,

I'd offer to come help, but I had a pulmonary embolism less than 3 weeks ago (3 day hospital stay) and I'm afraid I'd just be in the way. I am doing loads better now, but it is just a little too soon to chance strenuous work.

woodguy1975

New User
John
Well after nearly 5 yrs in hibernation the tools have found their new home. Thanks to Greg, Bill, Jeff and Jeremy for the help in Mooresville and a huge thanks to Greg for the help with loading, hauling, and unloaded. We only had one near miss, but nothing of any significance damaged. Now it's on to shop lighting, power, walling, etc.... :)

MikeH

New User
Mike
Well after nearly 5 yrs in hibernation the tools have found their new home. Thanks to Greg, Bill, Jeff and Jeremy for the help in Mooresville and a huge thanks to Greg for the help with loading, hauling, and unloaded. We only had one near miss, but nothing of any significance damaged. Now it's on to shop lighting, power, walling, etc.... :)

No pics! Never happened!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Premier Sponsor

Our Sponsors

LATEST FOR SALE LISTINGS