Finally the Official Complete Return of Woodguy :)

Status
Not open for further replies.

woodguy1975

New User
John
Well it has been yrs since I closed up shop, sold off some extra equipment, and put the remainder in storage hoping one day to return to my woodworking interests. It's been so long that many of you probably don't remember me... I know the woodguy disease has been strong in my absence carried by our members. I am happy to say as of Friday Woodguy is returning. My wife and I just closed on our house in Mooresville. This house is complete with a very important key feature... a nearly 1500 sqft basement ready for conversion into a shop. :) It is very similar in size to my last shop that many of you visited and took classes from me when my woodworking school was in full operation.... Ah.. how many sculptured rockers did we produce... gallons upon gallons of woodchips and saw dust. BBQ... Pies... Good times. :)

It's going to take months to remove all the rust from my tools, and to wire my new surrounds, but I have years to get it right. :)

I am going to need some help from my ncwoodworking brothers and sisters as I go to move my equipment out of storage in Hickory, NC and into their new home in Mooresville. I hope to move all my equipment in May to get out of my storage unit before another month's rent is due. :)

It's good to be back!

Canuck

Wayne
Corporate Member
It's great to see you back with us, John!!!!!!:wsmile:

WGD has never left us and continues to run rampant around here. Your antics taught me a lot back when I first signed on (almost 7yrs ago). In spite of being totally green when it came to woodworking, reading your posts definately inspired me.

Good luck with the new digs and be sure to remember the pics!
:icon_thum
Wayne

rcflyer23

New User
Kevin
John,

Let us know when you start moving. I'm over in Davidson and would be more than happy to come over and help you move your equipment. Glad to see you back in action again.

PeteM

Pete
Corporate Member
Hey John! I didn't realize you had left . . .
I mean I really missed having you around!!!
fing10.gif

Welcome back.

I'll be able to help out a bit on the move.
Just let us know when and where.

pete

woodguy1975

New User
John
I'll keep everyone posted on when the big move day will be. I have my trailer and can haul the bulk of it. There is actually only a couple real challenging peices to move... the oliver jointer and the Meber 24" bandsaw. Thankfully this should be the last move. ;)

MikeH

New User
Mike
John!!!!! Welcome back!!! It's great to have you back and I look forward to seeing the shop progress. Keep the pics coming.

LeftyTom

Tom
Corporate Member
Welcome back, you always could spot a friend. Welcome back, to that same old place you'd laughed about.

RandyJ

Randy
Corporate Member
Welcome back home, John. Glad you decided to come back and share more of your knowledge.

Shamrock

New User
Michael
John,

Big machinery is still to be had, just 2 weeks ago you missed a Newman J-60 16" jointer for $898, and a Industrial Vacu-Press system for $175 plus a bag. I'm just re-planting the seed brother :gar-Bi

Welcome back, and let us know when you need the muscle.

cyclopentadiene

Update your profile with your name
User
Welcome back. I am in Charlotte often to visit my brother in law. Send me a PM or give me a call when you are ready to move and I will help if my wife has nothing planned for the weekend.

bwat

New User
Bill
Welcome back. Glad to have another member and resource in Mooresville. Let me know when you need local assistance.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Premier Sponsor

Our Sponsors

LATEST FOR SALE LISTINGS