Finally found me a planer!

LocoWoodWork

Steve
Corporate Member
I think a shop tour / visit is in order was this beauty is up and running. Congrats!

Thanks, you are welcome to drop by, so are all you other NCWWs. BTW, the shop seems to be shrinking! I've got a brother in your neck of the woods, let me know if you ever need anything pony expressed. (Hopefully not a PM 221)

Raymond

Raymond
Staff member
Corporate Member
No, your shop isn't shrinking - you just need to find that wall-stretcher and use it a time or two. :)

LocoWoodWork

Steve
Corporate Member
No, your shop isn't shrinking - you just need to find that wall-stretcher and use it a time or two. :)
Yea, shop is 36'x62' (was 24'x40' enclosed) had to tear down a 20" section of right rear wall and extend 14' a while back. now it's an "L" shape. My organizational skills are dwindling, my wall stretching time is lacking, just too many irons in the fire. But I'm a blessed man and having a blast!

bob vaughan

Bob Vaughan
Senior User
The oval tag puts in in the 1960s. I'd guess 1968. I never really understood Powermatic's numbering system. What's worse is that Powermatic wasn't all that fastidious about what they put on the tags and from time to time things would make no sense. Just recently I observed a tag that had the wrong model number on it. The machine was a model 10 hollow chisel mortiser but it was tagged as a model 15 which is a chain saw mortiser. Go figure. Its best just the play the hand you're dealt.

That planer clearly was repainted at some point and the drive motor was replaced. Is there any evidence that the feed motor was replaced also?

Premier Sponsor

Our Sponsors