Figured wood scraps/offcuts ?

Status
Not open for further replies.

mkepke

Mark
Senior User
Does anyone have some figured scrap/offcuts they'd be willing to give/sell ?

I need each piece to be a minimum of 4/4 (or 3/4" if S2S) x 4"w x 14"l. A single piece of a given species is sufficient.

I'd really like to get a variety of woods with 'small' figure patterns - basically if the pattern would look good on a necktie. For example, lacewood would be ideal.

PM me if you have something and we can talk turkey.

No, I am not making neckties :gar-Bi

Thanks !
-Mark

TexasTimbers

New User
Kevin
Does anyone have some figured scrap/offcuts they'd be willing to give/sell ?

I could give you some stuff if you let me sell it to you. :gar-La;

For example, lacewood would be ideal.

How bout some "American Lacewood"? aka quartersawn sycamore. I could send you some of that plus a piece or two of other stuff. Two strings:

1) Pay the shipping.
2) You have to show what you did with it though after you're done. :eek:ccasion1

If it's gonna be a trade secret though then you're exempt from string #2. :wink_smil

The only thing that makes it a challenge is the 14" length. Most of them are much less but I'll see what I can scrounge if you want. I have a small mountain of drops I am wading through to get to my S C M S and we don't have time to list this stuff anywhere right now so it's your lucky day. PM your addy if you're interested and I'll get a box together and on the way.

mkepke

Mark
Senior User
Kevin - thanks for the response, but I think I picked up what I need.

I patronized (why does that sound bad ?) Klingspor's in Raleigh today and picked up some leopardwood, zebrawood and QS sycamore.

Klingspor's has a really nice policy where they'll cut any length you want as long as you leave at least 6' on the board. :thumbs_up

I will post some pix when I'm done with my samples.

-Mark

Status
Not open for further replies.

Premier Sponsor

Our Sponsors

LATEST FOR SALE LISTINGS