Festool

jlwest

Jeff
Corporate Member
I would like to get a Festool vacuum system and seem to remember that someone here was a dealer. How can I contact them?

tri4sale

Daniel
Corporate Member
Thanks Dan. I need something bigger. Anyone have with reviews or experience with these systems?

I have the CT26 and a RAS sander (either the RO 150 or RTS 400, can't remember which and not in shop right now)

Honestly the best sanding system I've ever had. Used to HATE sanding, but with this setup the dust is practically non-existent, it all is captured by the dust extractor. And the quality of sanding is amazing with it. Not a cheap setup, but worth every penny.

zapdafish

New User
Steve
I've got the CT22. I mostly use it for sanding and a tracksaw. I have the RO150 with the multi jet stream pad and the paper with the holes to match and it's great at keeping the worksurface clean so you don't rub the sawdust and grit that wears off the sandpaper back into the project.

I got lazy and didnt check the bag till one day it just stopped. I opened it to look and had a solid brick of compacted dust. Emptied it and it started right back up. They have a 3 years warranty with pretty good reviews, thankfully I've never had to use it.

Never had anything else to compare it to tho.

McRabbet

Rob
Corporate Member
I have the CT36 (I believe it is the largest model they make) that I use with my Domino and both of my Festool sanders (I have an ETS 150/5 (5mm stroke with 6" diameter sanding disks) and a smaller 5" model with a less aggressive orbital stroke. The dust extractor features an automatic switch that turns it on when the tool starts up and virtually all of the sawdust is pulled into the HEPA bag (or chips with the domino) through the connected hose.

Jeff

New User
Jeff
The CT36 E HEPA ($790) has a filter bag capacity of 9.5 gal.

The CT26 E is slightly smaller ($730) with a filter bag capacity of 6.9 gal.

Canuck

Wayne
Corporate Member
+1 on the Fein. I sprung for the Turbo II about six years ago and it has treated me very well. Great suction, auto start when plugging in a sander etc. And very low noise!!

Worth a look!

Wayne

zapdafish

New User
Steve
does the fein have variable suction control? festool sanders are better when used with low suction, not sure what @jlwest will be hooking up to the system. The newer festool vacs have bluetooth :)

+1 on the Fein. I sprung for the Turbo II about six years ago and it has treated me very well. Great suction, auto start when plugging in a sander etc. And very low noise!!

Worth a look!

Wayne

jlwest

Jeff
Corporate Member

Worth a look!

Wayne
Will it connect to most of your sanders?

jlwest

Jeff
Corporate Member
They do when a new model year is coming out :) can get the year end inventory for a little discount.
I think I will go with the Fein. I only need it for wood sanding. I am concerned about connecting it to my sanders but adapters are available. Thanks everyone.

Premier Sponsor

Our Sponsors

LATEST FOR SALE LISTINGS