Festool Users?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Tarhead

Mark
Corporate Member
Hello!
Quick intro and a question.

I'm new to the forum after learning about it at the recent show in Hickory and pretty much a novice weekend woodworker living in Concord.

My question: Are there any Festool saw system users on the forum? I searched and there are only 2 hits for Festool. I'm interested in them due to my space/electrical service challenges, desire to make accurate, clean cuts on sheet goods and the apparent quality (at significant cost!) that I see in this line. I have visited the Charlotte stores selling Festool but I was not filled with enthusiasm with their product knowledge and wonder what support I will receive after the sale.

Thanks in advance for your replies!

Mark

woodguy1975

New User
John
Festool is a great company and they stand behind their product. I've been back of forth on the fence of buying the system for sheet good breakdown. The only problem is both their sanders and saws are made for their stuff. That means you have to buy your paper from them and your blades from them. :(

As far as quality goes, they are out there on their own.

Good Luck,

John

Mike Wilkins

Mike
Corporate Member
I had been checking them out for a long time, when I saw the display at the Woodworking Shop store in Raleigh. Since they were discounting the current model of the circular saw (Model55) I jumped on the chance to order one. I knew I needed something to accurately cut sheet goods, when I messed up a piece of oak plywood for a door project; a paying project. Doors don't look too good if one side is 3/8" longer than the other side. My cheap handheld circular saw wandered away from the straightedge.
After getting the Festool saw with the 55" guide rail, I took it for a test drive on some shop cabinets, and was amazed. Just set up the guide rail on the measured lines, set the saw on the guide and have at it. This is one of the neatest woodworking purchases I have ever had. I know we all have 1 or 2 tools or gadgets in our shops that spend more time collecting dust than being used.
But this has been well worth the money.
At least until I can find enough moola to get one of those Euro sliding tablesaws with the scoring blade. So many tools, so little money.
Check out their website for more info. Good luck and watch those fingers.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Premier Sponsor

Our Sponsors

LATEST FOR SALE LISTINGS