Festool Kapex problem

joec

joe
User
My blade guard will not function anymore. It caught, I heard a break and now it will not rise and fall. I searched for authorized repair dealers and it looks like you have to send it back to them. Has anyone with a Kapex ever fixed their blade guard?

JimD

Jim
Senior User
Joe, If you still have it, you might check with the FOG - Festool Owners Group. It is a site like this with a section specifically for problems with Festools. Membership is free (and open to people without any Festools).

joec

joe
User
I was going back to Festool with this, but freight is over $100. I found a small spring that fell out of the blade guard area, and see this same spring in the exploded diagram of the Kapex. I am a klutz at mechanics and the only company in Wilmington that works on tools does not want to touch it. It looks simple to me, but I do not want to get it apart and then be scratching my head and a screw I may need. Anyone know a tool repair shop that works on tools that would work on this? I could order the parts from Festool. I would be willing to drive some distance as the Festool way would probably cost over $200 just to repair a spring.

Mark Johnson

Mark
Corporate Member
I agree that FOG might have your answer. I have also just called Festool service and found them to be very helpful. I'm sure they have seen this before and might be able to tell you exactly what to do and look for as well as help you order the right parts.

joec

joe
User
I have started taking the cover off one side. All is well, until I see a allen screw (as opposed to the other type screws in the cover) that is hidden behind the slide rails. Back to shaking in my boots as I know it will be a nightmare with my mechanical abilities. An allen wrench is too long on the short length to get behind the rail and into the allen screw. Scratching my head.

bobby g

Bob
Corporate Member
I'm in the process of replacing that same part on mine. I ordered it yesterday. Taking it apart was not difficult but putting it back together might be. :)

joec

joe
User
I got a handyman to come by that I know. After two hours we got the spring back in and it is up and running again. Not sure what caused the spring to pop out so it could do it again, but all is well with my Kapex.

Premier Sponsor

Our Sponsors

LATEST FOR SALE LISTINGS