Extravaganza Outreach Sign up

Status
Not open for further replies.

Berta

Berta
Corporate Member
Please reply to this thread and let me know if you are willing to help out with the NCWW presence at the Extravaganza.

Eithier demos or general help. Date (s) and time available.

Graywolf

Board of Directors, President
Richard
Staff member
Corporate Member
Hey Berta, I plan on driving up on Friday, I should be there early to mid morning though Saturday afternoon. I plan on building another Dutch style tool chest. I'll finish the project a little later and would like to donate the finished product to NCWW to raise money for the site or maybe do something like find a young aspiring woodworker that is In need of a good start or something along those lines. It's something I know I can accomplish a fair amount there and finish out fairly soon after and I could use some suggestions on the rest.

Phil S

Phil Soper
Staff member
Corporate Member
I will be there friday morning at 8 am and can stay until about 1 pm.
My demo plans are to show how to make flowers out of curls off a hand plane.
Hopefully I will be able to get some audience participation in making these
I am currently developing a simplified method of mounting these to a stem as that seems to be a bit of a roadblock
All I will need is one of our workbenches with a vice so we can have the folks making curls also.

attachment.php

attachment.php

Attachments

• IMG_2702.JPG
    IMG_2702.JPG
    339 KB · Views: 321
  • thumb_DSC05316_1024.jpg
    thumb_DSC05316_1024.jpg
    213.6 KB · Views: 306
Last edited:

Michael Mathews

Michael
Corporate Member
I plan to arrive around noon on Thursday. I will be staying Thursday and Friday nights at the Hampton in the parking lot, so I'll be there through the end of clean-up on Saturday.

KenOfCary

Ken
Staff member
Corporate Member
Likewise I will arrive around noon Thursday to help set up and will stay until we leave on Saturday. Don't have any specific demo plans, but can help out wherever needed - making bird houses or whatever.

Mike Davis

Mike
Corporate Member
I changed my plans, took a day of vacation, and will be running my mouth Friday and Saturday.

If I'm able I'll do more.

Barry W

Co-Director of Outreach
Barry
Corporate Member
The complete list of those who have committed to help can be found here: https://www.ncwoodworker.net/forums/showthread.php?t=63032&p=581991#post581991

NameThursdayFridaySaturday
Phil Soper/Phil SX
Michael MathewsXXX
Ken Presser/KenOfCaryXXX
Richard/GraywolfXX
Raymond/RaymondXX
Mike DavisXX
BertaXXX
ChuckXXX
Bruce Swanson/sawman101XXX
Dirk Gale/golfdadXX
Barry Wood/Barry WXXX
Mike/mquan01X
Lefty TomX
Steve Honeycutt
Hank Merkle
Aaron/aaronx2320

?
X
X
X
X
X

Last edited:

golfdad

Co-director of Outreach
Dirk
Corporate Member
I won't be there Thur...Arriving early Fri.....7:30ish staying until we pull out on Sat. We are meeting at Cracker Barrel Fri am for breakfast for anyone that wants to come. Hope everyone has a safe trip to Hickory.

Last edited:

Phil S

Phil Soper
Staff member
Corporate Member
Berta, From my request for help with flowers post, Lefty Tom and Steve Honeycutt will be there on Friday

Please remember I need a workbench suitable for hand planes

Phil S

Phil Soper
Staff member
Corporate Member
I won't be there Thur...Arriving early Fri.....7:30ish staying until we pull out on Sat. We are meeting at cracker Ariel Fri am for breakfast for anyone that wants to come. Hope everyone has a safe trip to Hickory.

I will be at the Cracker Barrel at 7:30 on Friday morning

Barry W

Co-Director of Outreach
Barry
Corporate Member
Berta, From my request for help with flowers post, Lefty Tom and Steve Honeycutt will be there on Friday

Please remember I need a workbench suitable for hand planes

In my three or so years of involvement with NCWW, I don't recall seeing such an enthusiastic response to a request for involvement with the Klingspor Extravaganza. Fantastic! Keep up the great work, everyone:eusa_danc

Last edited:

ScottM

Scott
Staff member
Corporate Member
Sorry folks but I won't be able to attend this year. To many things on my plate right now.

Hmerkle

Board of Directors, Development Director
Hank
Staff member
Corporate Member
Count me in!
I was waiting until I was sure I could be there.
Not sure if I can make it on Thursday, but will try...

Definitely on Friday and most or all of Saturday.

Plan to bring planes etc. if hand tool demos are wanted or needed....

Status
Not open for further replies.

Premier Sponsor

Our Sponsors

LATEST FOR SALE LISTINGS