Excellent customer service from FastCap (GluBot)

MarkE

Mark
Corporate Member
I have been using GluBot glue bottles for several years. I find them much easier to use than the 16 or 32 ounce bottles of Titebond. Plus I tend to buy glue in gallons to save a few dollars and use the gallons to refill the smaller bottles. The applicator tips on those smaller bottles eventually get clogged or just worn out.

What I have experienced with the GluBot bottles is that they eventually develop small cracks. I have had this happen in several different locations on my last few bottles. When it does happen I have not found a good way to repair the crack, so I just buy another bottle.

This time I decided to contact FastCap via email to see if they could recommend a fix. I received a response within a couple of days pretty much confirming that there wasn't a good way to repair a cracked bottle. They suggested trying some electrical tape which actually worked pretty well for the current crack which was right at the base of the filler hole threads for the cap.

But then they let me know that there was a lifetime warranty on the bottles and they would be happy to replace a cracked bottle. I did not know this. Apparently, all of FastCap's products come with the lifetime warranty. Cool.

So all of this occurred on 11/27/2019. I received a package today from FastCap with three replacement 16oz bottles complete with tips and guides. They also sent an additional four each of the rubber gaskets and o-rings for the caps. Awesome, no hassle customer service.
20191130_093035.jpg

rcarmac

Board of Directors, Secretary
Robert
Staff member
Corporate Member
I had a very similar experience with the same result. Didn’t grill me on the issue or anything. Good company With great customer service

ErnieM

Ernie
Corporate Member
A few years ago I tried to order something from Fastcap (I don't even remember what it was). At the checkout window I noticed that the shipping costs were very high with no cheaper but slower options. So I sent them an email and, amazingly enough, got a reply from Paul himself. He said there were less expensive options but, for some reason, they didn't appear on the checkout page. He assured me he would look into it (he did) and sent me a $100 gift certificate for my trouble. He certainly didn't have to do that, but that gift certificate bought him a customer for life.

MarkE

Mark
Corporate Member
A few years ago I tried to order something from Fastcap (I don't even remember what it was). At the checkout window I noticed that the shipping costs were very high with no cheaper but slower options. So I sent them an email and, amazingly enough, got a reply from Paul himself. He said there were less expensive options but, for some reason, they didn't appear on the checkout page. He assured me he would look into it (he did) and sent me a $100 gift certificate for my trouble. He certainly didn't have to do that, but that gift certificate bought him a customer for life.

I'm old enough to remember when that kind of customer service was the norm. Doesn't seem that way anymore, at least for many (most) businesses.

Oka

Casey
Corporate Member
Awesome , yeah I use their bottles and prefer them over everything else. The only exception from is the cheap dollar store catsup bottles, I use them for the thinner glue lines.

Bill Clemmons

Bill
Corporate Member
Good to know Mark. Thanks. I'm on my 3rd 16 oz. GluBot for the same reason as you. Had no idea they were guaranteed. And I love dealing w/ a company that has good customer service and stands behind it products.

UncleJoe

Joe
Senior User
I love fastcap. I am very impressed with the things they do. One day, several years ago I was on a forum and someone wanted to order the fast cap miter stand and was confused with the website. They could not easily navigate it. I found the same thing. So on a lazy Saturday night I sent an email to the address on their website and explained that the website was confusing. Sunday morning my phone rang and it was Paul Akers. We talked for a while and he asked if I would conference call with his web design company on Monday. We had a several hour conference call and many of the suggestions I made were implemented. If he had done all my suggestions he would have had to redesign the entire site so he did not but he took many of my ideas and they were incorporated into the site in very short order. I was not asking for compensation I just wanted a store I like to be better, Paul was very enthusiastic to make his web store easier to use. I found him open and receptive to change. How can you not love it when a company is so responsive. By the way even though I had no intention to be compensated for this, I was compensated in a way I had not anticipated and with a very expensive product that has been a joy to use in my shop.

For me, I will always shop with them. They set the standard.

ErnieM

Ernie
Corporate Member
I love fastcap. I am very impressed with the things they do. One day, several years ago I was on a forum and someone wanted to order the fast cap miter stand and was confused with the website. They could not easily navigate it. I found the same thing. So on a lazy Saturday night I sent an email to the address on their website and explained that the website was confusing. Sunday morning my phone rang and it was Paul Akers. We talked for a while and he asked if I would conference call with his web design company on Monday. We had a several hour conference call and many of the suggestions I made were implemented. If he had done all my suggestions he would have had to redesign the entire site so he did not but he took many of my ideas and they were incorporated into the site in very short order. I was not asking for compensation I just wanted a store I like to be better, Paul was very enthusiastic to make his web store easier to use. I found him open and receptive to change. How can you not love it when a company is so responsive. By the way even though I had no intention to be compensated for this, I was compensated in a way I had not anticipated and with a very expensive product that has been a joy to use in my shop.

For me, I will always shop with them. They set the standard.

Couldn't agree more -- great company and a great owner.

Jeremy Scuteri

Jeremy
Fast Cap is awesome. They have also been great supporters of the NCWW Raffle for the past 3 years. Paul is a great guy.

Premier Sponsor

Our Sponsors

LATEST FOR SALE LISTINGS