Equipment for sale!

Stuart Kent

Stuart
Senior User
Hello All,

Updated post: we still have a few machines that need to go, so I reduced the prices, DM if you are interested.

We are bringing in some new equipment to the North Carolina Furniture School and need to sell some demo machines to make room. We need these items gone quickly, so please let me know if you are interested. All of this equipment is perfect working order with no service needs. We take very good care of our machines. Equipment must be picked up at the school, we cannot deliver. We can forklift load but rigging is up to you so please come prepared. All items are first come - first serve, and prices are firm. If you want a machine, please DM me to make arrangements.

The following machines are available now, there may be more for sale later. Scroll down for photos
  • Oneway 1018 with complete Oneway tooling set $1950 $1650
  • Jet 1221 Lathe with stand $800 $700
  • Rikon 70-220VSR $650 each 3 remaining
  • Harvey C14 Bandsaw very light use $1600 $1500
  • Harvey HW615 15" Bandsaw very light use $2700 $2600

IMG_8444.jpg

IMG_8446.jpg

IMG_8478.jpg

IMG_8474.jpg

IMG_8475.jpg

IMG_8479.jpg

IMG_8487.jpg

Attachments

• IMG_8444.JPG
    8.2 MB · Views: 78
  • IMG_8482.jpg
    IMG_8482.jpg
    246.6 KB · Views: 87
  • IMG_8483.jpg
    IMG_8483.jpg
    233.1 KB · Views: 88
Last edited:

Craptastic

Matt
Corporate Member
Stuart,

Just wondering where your team developed this pricing. Curious about the Nova Galaxi 1644. But I can buy that with a factory warranty for $2600 at Rockleer. Not really worth saving 600 dollars and be warranty less after the purchase,

tvrgeek

Scott
Corporate Member
The C14 is only $1800, but buying from the school saves shipping, tax etc. The bigger Harvey is $2800 new. ( +tax and shipping) Oh, looks like the Ti. table, so that is a bit more money, if you see any value in it.

Hard to imagine what an upgrade to these are. Unless a Felder, not sure what an upgrade would be. They are really great saws.

Stuart Kent

Stuart
Senior User
Stuart,

Just wondering where your team developed this pricing. Curious about the Nova Galaxi 1644. But I can buy that with a factory warranty for $2600 at Rockleer. Not really worth saving 600 dollars and be warranty less after the purchase,
We are a dealer for Nova, Harvey, and Rikon. These are demo machines, in very good condition - not heavily used equipment. These sales support the school and aid us in providing students the very best experience, on quality equipment during our classes. Also, there is no tax or shipping charges on these.

Stuart Kent

Stuart
Senior User
The C14 is only $1800, but buying from the school saves shipping, tax etc. The bigger Harvey is $2800 new. ( +tax and shipping) Oh, looks like the Ti. table, so that is a bit more money, if you see any value in it.

Hard to imagine what an upgrade to these are. Unless a Felder, not sure what an upgrade would be. They are really great saws.
really excellent saws indeed. we are bringing in one of the new 18" Rikon industrial series bandsaws and some new 70-3040 & (not yet released) 70-1824 lathes.

beloitdavisja

James
Corporate Member
Stuart,

$2,600, plus $225.99 shipping, plus $211.95 in taxes. Not to mention Rockler has it on backorder with an estimated ship date October 24.

From Rockler's site today:

1656173321979.png
1656173726955.png

So this is really $1000 savings for a machine that looks to be like-new. I have the Galaxi, and I'd consider this is a good price. The Nova warranty is only for 2 years (motor/electric) and 5 years for other parts. I've never had to use it. I would also assume any issues that would've come up in the warranty period would've already happened on this machine.

If you really want to buy new, you can also do that through Stuart, since he's a Nova dealer (but it's still backordered from the manufacturer). :)

Last edited:

tvrgeek

Scott
Corporate Member
really excellent saws indeed. we are bringing in one of the new 18" Rikon industrial series bandsaws and some new 70-3040 & (not yet released) 70-1824 lathes.
I wonder why they don't sell an 18 or 20 under their name. I bet they make some. In a perfect world, I would have a 14 with a 3/8 band and a monster for resaw. Unfortunately, I live in Hillsborough, not perfect.

I see they redid most of their TS line. As much as I like my C-300, it is an older, slightly better made Griz 690. My biggest complaint is the fence latch. I was looking at the SS today and see how they did theirs. A thin strip of spring steel instead of the heavy flap that hangs up. Mod time. I am still considering cutting the fence beam off and welding it on the right end of the T. That would l give me over 6 more inches rip fence-to-blade. I can't remember ever using the fence on the left of the blade.

mdbuntyn

Matt
Staff member
Corporate Member
Before anyone else jumps in with an opinion on pricing, allow me to remind you that one of the rules of this section (found here) is, "Do not post comments disparaging the listings here or quibbling on the price."

If you want to discuss the price, do so in private by starting a conversation/sending a PM

Craptastic

Matt
Corporate Member
My apologies. My question wasn't meant as disparaging the listing. It wasn't meant that way. If there is no ancillary costs then that certainly adds considerable value to the item.

Last edited:

Stuart Kent

Stuart
Senior User
Before anyone else jumps in with an opinion on pricing, allow me to remind you that one of the rules of this section (found here) is, "Do not post comments disparaging the listings here or quibbling on the price."

If you want to discuss the price, do so in private by starting a conversation/sending a PM
thanks Matt.

iclark

Ivan
User
We are a dealer for Nova, Harvey, and Rikon. These are demo machines, in very good condition - not heavily used equipment. These sales support the school and aid us in providing students the very best experience, on quality equipment during our classes. Also, there is no tax or shipping charges on these.
Since you are a dealer, is there any remaining warranty for these machines?

tbarr

New User
Teresa
Hello All,

We are bringing in some new equipment to the North Carolina Furniture School and need to sell some demo machines to make room. We need these items gone quickly, so please let me know if you are interested. All of this equipment is perfect working order with no service needs. We take very good care of our machines. Equipment must be picked up at the school, we cannot deliver. We can forklift load but rigging is up to you so please come prepared. All items are first come - first serve, and prices are firm. If you want a machine, please DM me to make arrangements.

The following machines are available now, there may be more for sale later. Scroll down for photos
  • Oneway 1018 with complete Oneway tooling set $1950
  • Nova Galaxi 1644 DVR Lathe $2000
  • Jet 1221 Lathe with stand $800
  • Rikon 70-220VSR (we have 5 of these, all in equally good condition, only the one in the photo has the stand, which is a bonus to the first buyer!) $650 each
  • Harvey C14 Bandsaw very light use $1600
  • Harvey HW615 15" Bandsaw very light use $2700

View attachment 211427
View attachment 211428
View attachment 211429
View attachment 211430
View attachment 211431
View attachment 211432
View attachment 211433
View attachment 211434

View attachment 211437
Hello All,

• Oneway 1018 with complete Oneway tooling set $1950
  • Nova Galaxi 1644 DVR Lathe $2000
  • Jet 1221 Lathe with stand $800
  • Rikon 70-220VSR (we have 5 of these, all in equally good condition, only the one in the photo has the stand, which is a bonus to the first buyer!) $650 each
  • Harvey C14 Bandsaw very light use $1600
  • Harvey HW615 15" Bandsaw very light use $2700

View attachment 211427
View attachment 211428
View attachment 211429
View attachment 211430
View attachment 211431
View attachment 211432
View attachment 211433
View attachment 211434

View attachment 211437
Hi Stuart, is the jet lathe and the Harvey c14 still available?

mdbuntyn

Matt
Staff member
Corporate Member
@tbarr You haven't met the minimum (5) post requirement either. Introduce yourself in the "Who We Are" section, and comment on other threads

Wilsoncb

Williemakeit
Corporate Member
Stuart, looking at the specs of the Harvey bandsaws it’s hard to see what the difference is. Both look to have the same motor, wheels, guides, brake etc. The weight is significantly more on the industrial one. Does it simply have more steel structure? Perhaps you can share your insight as to what more you get on the industrial version?

Stuart Kent

Stuart
Senior User
Stuart, looking at the specs of the Harvey bandsaws it’s hard to see what the difference is. Both look to have the same motor, wheels, guides, brake etc. The weight is significantly more on the industrial one. Does it simply have more steel structure? Perhaps you can share your insight as to what more you get on the industrial version?
The saws are similar in many ways, but there is a significant difference in the build between them. Everything is beefed up substantially, so vibration is greatly reduced. The motor has a heavier duty rating. The dust collection on the Alpha tool is much better (although very good on both), thanks to a flexible steel assembly that follows the guide support arm up and down inside the upper door, gasketed doors, and 4" ports with welded directional shrouds. The doors have electronic disconnects so the saw cannot accidentally be powered on if the doors are open. The switch has a keyed lockout. The rack and pinion system is very stout on both the support arm and the table raising mechanism. The large table is coated for corrosion resistance, etc.... the list goes on, it truly is a more industrial saw. Hope this helps.

Premier Sponsor

Our Sponsors

LATEST FOR SALE LISTINGS