Entertainment cabinet

Status
Not open for further replies.

skeeter

New User
Charles
Just before last Christmas my very old 35" cabinet style TV started to die on me. Color and sound were fading in and out. I had an entertainment center with the center open to surround the cabinet of TV. I decided to build a cabinet to go in center for a flat screen to sit on. I'm off to find a TV I like and take measurements, then home to start building.

entertain01.JPG

I can never remember to take WIP pictures, these are the only two I have.

entertain02.JPG

Here is the final product.

entertain03.JPG

After finishing the cabinet, I'm off to buy my new flatscreen. I get to the store and find a bigger one I like better at a much better price, so I buy it, bring it home and find out that my just finished cabinet is 1" to narrow. One piece of 3/4" vertical moulding on each side and I'm 1/2" to the good. I don't like that the new moulding goes up to top of cabinet, but that's all I could come up with at the time.

entertain04.JPG

The old cabinetry had routed finger pulls in all doors and I couldn't find a bit to match the pulls, so I made new doors for the old cabinets. I'm having trouble getting stain on the new doors to match the stain on the 15yr. + cabinets, but that's a wip. Anyway, here is the new cabinet in its final resting place.

entertain05.JPG

Trent Mason

New User
Trent Mason
BEAUTIFUL work Charles! :eusa_clap:eusa_clap:eusa_clap:eusa_clap:eusa_clap I wouldn't have noticed the molding unless you had pointed it out. :nah: Also, maybe you could've gone with a little bit bigger TV and had an excuse to build two more cabinets to go on either side of the one you just built. :rotflm:

Trent Mason

New User
Trent Mason
Trent, since you know my wife, do you really think I could pull that off???

Charles,

You're probably right. :sad11: Oh well, stranger things have happened. If you'd like a good laugh, I could show you a picture of our TV. It's only 20 inches or so and is about as old as I am. :gar-La; The one plus side is it is very easy on the back when moving. :wink_smil

Status
Not open for further replies.

Premier Sponsor

Our Sponsors

LATEST FOR SALE LISTINGS